Thursday, December 1, 2016

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

At the health club I did my usual routine from 10am to 11:20.  At the end Teresa was sitting with her friend Gloria who asked why I didn’t say “hi” to her this morning when I was entering the gym.  I said I didn’t see her and if I did I guess my mind was elsewhere.  Gloria told me her husband is a pilot and the pilot of the La Mia plane that crashed was the owner of the airline.  (Was he trying to save on fuel and that’s why the plane crashed?)  The weather was bad and they circled the airport twice so I’m sure that didn’t help.

Shortly after taking my shower we found out we didn’t have any water.  L  Probably due to work being done in the street nearby.

About 12:40 Laura and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating soup when we felt our chairs shimmy.  We looked at each other and agreed we thought it was a trembler.  I checked my earthquake app and it was only a 3.6.  There was actually a slightly stronger one – a 3.8 – 30 minutes earlier but we didn’t notice that one.

We received our new epm (utility) bill and I noticed the charge for gas was the same as last month but Teresa explained that this is for the previous month’s use.  I believe the charge for gas next month should be very low but not zero if there’s really a gas leak.

The 2016 World Championship Chess Match ongoing in NY between Magnus Carlsen of Norway (the champion) and Sergey Karjakin of Russia (the challenger) ended in a 6-6 tie so today they play 4 rapid chess games as a tiebreaker.

I received an email that my daughter’s birthday present has shipped so I’m happy she’ll receive it near her birthday.

I checked the MBE website and it says my chess book is “in transit” so I guess it cleared customs in Miami and should be here in the next couple weeks.

At 3:45 the water was back on. J

I studied chess tactics for an hour on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Protector.

Magnus Carlsen ended up defeating Sergey Karjakin 3-1 by drawing twice and winning twice.  Good for him!  Too bad for the Rooskies!


T-shirt of the day: Thumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment