Saturday, November 11, 2023

Friday, November 10, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 11:15, woke up at 6:15, did my Kegel exercises, took a few minutes to fall back asleep finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa was incredulous that a woman wanted 230mil to color her hair. She found another woman for 160mil.

She wants to go out for dinner tonight at Rocoto. I see they have a table reservation service but Teresa said if it’s raining we won’t go and if we can’t get seated at Rocoto, El Correo is right around the corner.

I left the apt at 11am and as I walked past the old warehouse, they were unloading a huge Tienda D1 sign. Well, that answers that question. As I walked past Asados Rogelio a man a table was showing off a boxed Mario chess set.

I was having a latte in Los Porteños while I finished the tests at the end of the Class “A” section.

This is some tree trimming going on next to me in La Buena Mesa:



I wasn’t hungry but was wondering what was keeping Teresa. At 2:37 I texted her “Encontrarmos en Eduardo Madrid, Asados Rogelio, o Los Portenos?”. At 3:15 she called and said she had already had lunch and she was back at the apt. I had their croissant with scrambled eggs and another latte before returning to the apt.

Now Teresa is willing to try La Pampa, the Argentinian steakhouse across the street from Rocoto.



I finished watching the TV mini-series Painkiller (7.5) on Netflix.

We left at 7pm and took a Didi to La Pampa in Provenza, Poblado, Medellin.

We got a table for 2 in the back. I had their small (200gms) Baby Beef with a baked potato with butter and Teresa had the Salmon with a side of broccoli. Both came with a bowl of fruit/vegetable salad.



My beef was tender and cooked perfectly and the baked potato was great also. Most importantly Teresa loved her salmon so we have a chance of returning. 😊

I asked for the check and the total came to 237,202 pesos ($58.50). As usual, the waiter brought the credit card reader, put my debit card in and I entered my pin. He told me the pin wasn’t correct. I did it again and I saw the response myself, “contraseña no correcto”. I did it 5 times then had Teresa enter it once because she knows the pin and it still didn’t work. (After the 2nd error the waiter called over the manager and he watched the show.) The waiter removed the card, reentered it and pressed the buttons again and my pin worked. I think the waiter didn’t enter something right at the beginning.

We returned to the apt by Didi. Well, Didi’s sure have come down in quality. Lately they haven’t been in much better condition than their (occasionally) falling apart taxis.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE




No comments:

Post a Comment