Monday, November 6, 2023

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1:15, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Well, the US (most of it) reverted back to standard time so we’re now in the New York time zone instead of the Chicago time zone.

Teresa talked to Nydia and Nydia says MT told her she has a boyfriend. He’s 65 years old and they meet in the park and talk. She’s 85-years-old, hard of hearing and a little disoriented and they’re afraid she’ll bring him back to her apt and he’ll rob her blind.

On tap for today: meeting Glenn for breakfast at 9am, Chiefs vs Dolphins in Germany at 9:30, Bears vs Saints at 1pm and meanwhile Teresa will be going to another special mass in San Peregrino.

In my past 5 games  against Troyclough I have 4 wins and a draw which might explain why he’s taking the maximum amount of time (24 hours) for almost every move.

I left the apt at 8am and was having my first latte in Olivenza when Glenn arrived with Bianca just before 9am. He’s been looking on eBay for a backup iPhone. He wants a recent generation SE series but the ads either don’t mention which generation it is or misstate it. He also wants battery capacity well over 80% because Apple recommends changing the battery when it falls to the 80% level.

I left about 11am and returned to the apt.

With Teresa gone I decided this would be a good opportunity to change the bathroom lightbulb. I tested the circuit breakers and even though both bathroom lights are 15amp they are on different circuits. I started pulling down the bulb but when I saw the black electrical tape I said to myself, “uh-oh, I either need black electrical tape or 4 plastic screw-on connectors”. I checked my toolbox and of course I don’t have them. Something so simple that I had in my toolbox back in the states, here means another trip to Home Center.

The Bears vs Saints are 14-14 at the half.

At the end of the 1st quarter I ordered a personal pizza from Papa Johns. When it was on the way I received the update, “Your Rappi is delivering another order along the way!” At halftime I went down to the porteria and asked the portero to allow the deliveryman in”. It didn’t arrive until halfway through the 3rd quarter.

The Bears lost to the New Orleans Saints 24-17, mainly due to 4th quarter turnovers.

Marcos returns from Arizona tonight.

Looking for a new movie or series to watch, remember I had quit Succession so I tried Get Gotti (7.0), When They See Us (8.9), nope.  I finally settled on the 8-episode TV series Life on Our Planet (8.2).

Teresa returned from San Peregrino and said it took 1 hour to get there and 3 hours to return.

It started pouring just as we were going to bed at 10pm.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment