Friday, November 10, 2023

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1am, again at 4am, took a few minutes to fall back asleep, finally getting up at 7:15.

I left the apt at 9:15, paid the Direct TV bill at $efecty and met Marcos outside Tastao at 9:30. I noticed them setting up tables and chairs outside Cannell so we moved there. He just returned from visiting his grandsons in Arizona for the past month. Even though it’s November he said it was still over 100 degrees every day. The grandsons are 4 years old and he plans to visit them twice a year now. His gf Johanna might be able to get a travel visa to Mexico and his son and grandsons can meet them in Puerta Villarta.

He told me about a book he picked up, Son of Hamas and he’ll lend it to me when he finishes. I offered to loan him Becoming when I finish it, so we’ll have a book exchange in the coming weeks.

He left at 10:15 and I at 11am. I bought 2 bags of milk and a large container of salad dressing at Mercado Madrid on my way back to the apt.

I reread the order from my dermatologist and realized the medicine for my spots I’ve been using like bath soap, and I don’t even have the bath soap.

I left the apt at 1:30 and took a Didi to the mall. In the Cafam pharmacy I bought another 60ml container of my spot medicine Dermacortine cream for 146,550 and a 1- liter container of Bioderma Atoderm liquid bath gel for 171,900 for a total of 318,450 pesos ($80). Here’s hoping they make a difference.

In Starbucks I got a blueberry muffin to go and ate it in Urbania with a latte. The guy at the next table had an elaborate setup with his laptop screen on a stand with a separate keyboard and 2 cellphones, one of which was on its own stand. I went through a few of the Class “A” exercises. I left at 4pm, bought a large carton of eggs in Exito (imported lemons are back) before returning to the apt by taxi.

I’m beginning to see signs of Christmas, from the large overhead decorations in La Buena Mesa to a hidden setup in the Viva Envigado atrium.

I had the black pieces in a game against Howex who is rated about 80 points higher. He was up a pawn most of the game but I found a great move on my 30th move and he immediately resigned increasing my rating 9 points to 1567.

There was a knock on our door and it was the guy renting our parking spot to give me 90mil for November. There was another knock on our door and it was the portero with our epm bill of 382,200 pesos ($94.50).

I finished the last of my salted peanuts in the shell with a Coke while watching the Chicago Bears dominate 😊 the Carolina Panthers 16-13.

I finally got to bed at 11:15.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment