Sunday, November 5, 2023

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 5:15 (slept through the night), went to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises and fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

So far, it’s a rainy morning although it’s not coming down hard.

Searching my blog notes we were in El Retiro last January 28th but after reading it I believe it was just my brother and I.

When I posted my blog for yesterday I noticed one of the Blogger options was for $ Earnings. I clicked on it and it said, “Start earning from ads by creating an AdSense account. When you set up an AdSense account, we'll automatically place ads for you in all the best places.” Ah, no, I don’t need to expose the few readers I have to ads.

I checked Amazon and the new chess book I ordered is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday, November 21st.

The drizzle had stopped when we left the apt at 10:45. We walked to Ayurá station where I added 20mil to my civica card giving me a total of a little over 40mil. I was surprised the sign said the next train would be in 14 minutes, I guess they run fewer trains on the weekends. We got off at the Exposiciones station at 11:30 and at street level there was an El Retiro bus waiting to leave.

On the way I listened to a chess podcast on my cellphone. The guy being interviewed was interesting but spoke fast and with a Turkish accent so I couldn’t catch every word. I figured out how to slow the delivery down to 75% and was able to finish it. The fare to El Retiro was 8,500 per person. Just outside town I noticed tents set up and saw clothes on their racks. I brought this to Teresa’s attention and she had the bus driver drop us off. (The trip was about 45 minutes.)



Across the street was a strip mall and I saw the word “café” so I told Teresa to go look at clothes and I would be across the street having coffee. I checked out the few stores there and asked a lady at the café Mordida



if there was a restroom. She handed me a key and in English said to go around the corner and it’s the first glass door. No problem, except the typical “no seat” toilets. I returned the key and ordered a café con leche for 6mil.



I went through news on my cellphone until 1:30 when I texted Teresa and asked when we’re going to have lunch. At 1:50 I texted her again and said I was going for lunch in 10 minutes. She soon showed up and we had lunch at a burger place called Burger 80.



I had a rib burger and a Coke and she ordered 6 fried chicken wings and a Coke Zero.


The burger was okay once I got removed the coleslaw; the total was 72,700 pesos ($18.25) including tip. (I couldn’t believe the number of flies that were hovering around us with our food.)

Teresa asked the girl at the café how to catch the bus and were told right outside the next door Carulla. As we walked there Teresa said to let her know when the bus arrived and she was going to talk to a friend at the bazaar. Five minutes later a bus arrived with the word “medellin” in the window. By the time I got Teresa’s attention the bus was gone. Five minutes later a “la ceja” bus arrived. Teresa finally returned then went into the grocery store to buy some chips. Our bus arrived and Teresa came out and we got the last 2 seats on the bus. (I was a little concerned because the sign in the window said “Medellin norte”. I rode shotgun with a young man watching a soccer game on his cellphone.

We did end up at San Diego mall and Teresa jumped out a block before the bus stop where there was no stoplight and we had to cross when the traffic backed up.

In their atrium there was some type of dance show about to begin because we saw dancers warming up. Teresa was hungry not having finished her fried chicken so we got a table in Crepes & Waffles.

She had a huge salad from the salad bar and I had a banana split. After, we went to check out the show but it had just finished. I ordered a Didi and we returned to the apt for 18,700 pesos.

I translated my Smartfit results as follows:

·     Peso (weight) = 81.7kg (180#)

·     I.M.C. (BMI) = 24.4.

·     Grasa Corporal (Body Fat) = 23.2%

·     Masa Muscular (Muscle Mass) = 58.2kg

·     Masa Osea (Bone Mass) = 4.0kg

·     Agua (Water) = 53.54%

·     Metabolismo Basal (Basal Metabolism) = 1596.0 kcal

·     Grasa Visceral (Visceral Fat) = 18.0%

I’d like to lose 10 more pounds; it would be nice to get back to a size 34 waist.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



No comments:

Post a Comment