Sunday, November 12, 2023

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:45, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Today is Veterans Day. Thank you to all that served.



My pad is dry this morning so I just moved it to a clean pair of underwear.

Outlook messed with their interface again but I changed it back.

I left the apt at 9:30 and this is the new grocery store front:




I walked to the mall (minimal leaking), recycled a couple plastic items and withdrew 2,000,000 pesos from an ATM. I paid the epm bill at the Exito Pay window, went upstairs to Claro and paid our cellphone bills. I had a latte in Urbania while doing an hour of chess tactics in my Woodpecker Method book.

I won a 23-move game against Howex increasing my rating to 1576. According to the computer I reached a new high in accuracy at 97.5.

I made plans to meet Glenn for breakfast tomorrow and chess with Jose in Unicentro on Tuesday.

I left at 11:45 and bought a few things Teresa requested (and a lemon for me) in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I received an email from Amazon that my book has shipped. Their delivery estimate is for Tuesday, November 21st.

I left the apt at 2:30 and had a latte in Los PorteƱos while completing another hour of tactics exercises. I left at 5pm and, on the way back to the apt, confirmed that the Tienda D1 on Carrera 45A is still open.

This new location has metal shelving set up and they were putting up metal guard rails outside I assume to contain shopping carts.

We left at 7pm and took a Didi to the patacones place where we each had a patacon with a small Coke. Teresa bought something else to go for her breakfast tomorrow.

Down the hill we bought a couple pastries for our security guards and returned to the apt by taxi.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE




No comments:

Post a Comment