Saturday, November 25, 2023

Friday, November 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, quickly fell asleep, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Still no appetite but I was able to eat a normal breakfast.

I left the apt at 8:30 and bought a small box of pads and small package of throat lozenges in the Pasteur pharmacy. I found Bob, sitting at MY table, in Los PorteƱos. I called him on it but he said he’d be leaving for the airport in about 20 minutes and I could take it. He described his experience at last night’s soccer championship, won by Atletico Nacional. At one point he got pushed down and bruised and said he’s lucky he didn’t break something. (He confessed to sitting in the south stands where the crazies reside. I was told when I first arrived 10 years ago, I’ve got to see a soccer match but NOT to sit in the south stands.) He soon left, heading back to Minnesota then to Peru and a trip up the Amazon. He might return in a few months.

Troyclough resigned our game, increasing my rating to 1574. This is the second time I’ve had an accuracy rating in the 90s, this time 92.5.

I left about 10:15 and returned to the apt.

Teresa and I left just after 11am and took a Didi to Clinica Las Americas. I got out at De Lolita while Teresa went into the clinic for her pills. My stomach felt queasy from the 2 coffees this morning so I just had a bottle of water while reading more of my new chess book.

Teresa returned an hour later and we walked over to Arkadia mall. We got in a short but slow line at Crepes & Waffles and finally accepted a less than desirable table near the entrance. I just had a small bowl of vegetable soup and we shared a bottle of water. I explained to Teresa we leave for our Christmas holiday a month from yesterday and I have until then to see 3 more Cine Colombia movies, or at least to purchase 3 tickets.

Teresa did a little shopping but I wasn’t feeling well…queasy stomach… so we went across the street to Pricesmart to see if they had any turkey breast. Nope.

Downstairs, there was only one person ahead of us for a taxi but we still had a long wait. Just outside the store there was a fender bender that probably slowed things down. We finally returned to the apt.

I fell asleep for a bit on the recliner while watching the beginning of the Black Friday football game. When I awoke, Teresa told me the portero called and there’s a package for me. I wasn’t expecting anything today but I went down and it’s the chess book I wasn’t expecting until next Friday.

I watched the movie Passengers (7.0) again. Jennifer Lawrence might not have liked it but I loved it.

I went to bed at 9:15. An important point to remember for tomorrow.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment