Thursday, November 23, 2023

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, quickly fell asleep, woke up at 1:45, 3:30, and 5:30, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

It was 60 years ago that President Kennedy was assassinated. I remember I was in high school walking through the cafeteria to another class when I first heard the news.

I still don’t have an appetite. I’m feeling a little overheated though. I’m skipping gym today until I get my strength back. I also have dry mouth, feeling the constand need to drink water.

I left the apt about 9am and stopped at the Gana kiosk to pay the Tigo/Une bill. I showed the lady the bill on my cellphone and she wrote on a note, “no tengo debuelve”. I entered it into my translator then changed the “b” to a “v” in her note and handed it back to her and she agreed. I don’t know exactly what that means (she can’t issue a receipt?) except I can’t pay it here - at least not today. I went across the street and had a few chess pages printed at the Bancolombia window.

I continued on to Los PorteƱos where I had a latte with my usual glass of ice water. Not I can tell my voice is a little horse. Bob Hamilton came by and explained he’s been busy taking dance lessons and we’ll get together soon to play chess. He then sat down with a young man at the other side of the patio. I wasn’t feeling very well from the coffee so I left at 11:30 and returned to the apt.

Teresa apparently dropped her cellphone as she showed me her cracked screen. I had told her she should get a protective case for it.

I cancelled my meeting with Marcos for coffee tomorrow and for dinner with Glenn because I don’t know if I’m going to be feeling better and I wouldn’t want to wait until the last minute to cancel.

I started watching the series Castle (8.1). In the first episode I was surprised at a poker table scene when I saw author James Patterson, one of my favorite authors, sitting there.

It’s 8:30 at night and I’m starting to feel more normal. We’ll see if it continues.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment