Friday, November 17, 2023

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa informed me she’s taking her mother to a doctor’s appointment today so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

I met Marcos at Parva at 9:30. I told him about the traffic problem with our new grocery store in our neighborhood, Tienda D1. He invited me to see his new apartment near the park in Sabaneta. I told him I might take him up on that offer the next time my brother comes for a visit.

After he left, I completed another hour of chess tactics.

I left about 11:30 and stopped at one of the cement tables in La Buena Mesa where I performed some surgery on my endgame book, removing the parts for Experts and Masters. I noticed Bob Hamilton in Los Porteños so I joined him as soon as I had finished retaping my book. I learned the young girl I see with Brit is his wife and the 10-year-old boy is their son. Bob has some work to do in his apt and after we might meet for chess in the park.

I stopped at Na Pizza and found out they haven’t opened yet, maybe tonight.

I went to Olivia’s where I had their lasagna mixta (beef and chicken) with a mango juice for 52,236 pesos ($12.75), including tip.



I blundered a piece to Howex and now he has a passed pawn about to queen. It doesn’t look good. Later I lost that game lowering my rating to 1569.

On the way back to the apt I bought a sleeve of 6 bagels and 2 bags of milk.

I guess Ara has a septic system as a truck was suctioning it out and not only do we have the noise but the smell.

Teresa hasn’t returned as yet.

Glenn texted me this photo, “Walking Bianca on Ave Las Vegas across from Jumbo.


 

Bianca gave him a quizzical look.”

3pm and we had a thunderstorm in the area.

At 6pm Teresa implored me to meet them for supper in Santafe mall. I changed clothes and took a Didi arriving just before 6:30. We had supper in Crepes & Waffles.

As we were passing another restaurant I noticed some passersby watching TV. Colombia was losing to Brazil 1-0.

Outside we had a 10-minute wait for a taxi.

Back at the apt I checked online and Colombia was tied with Brazil 1-1. A few minutes later I heard another cheer and Colombia beat Brazil 2-1. (I see the next World Cup will be in Canada, the US, and Mexico from June to July, 2026.)

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE

 


No comments:

Post a Comment