Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1:15, finally waking at 5:45 and getting up at 6:30.

I took a Didi and the driver drove past the new Tienda D1. They had balloons around the doorway but otherwise I didn’t see any movement. (I thought they open at 7am today.) I arrived at Unicentro mall just after 8am where Jose and I had breakfast in Parmessano again. He informed me that his wife Maria doesn’t like the idea of his being so far away in Viva Envigado so we might be in Unicentro for a while longer.

In the food court I had the Black pieces and I made a mistake on my 9th move and he gained a pawn. Three moves later he blundered and I trapped his queen. He blundered again on his 20th move and I got a mate in 2.

I had the White pieces in the second game and darned if I didn’t make the same mistake as I did the first game where I lost another pawn this time with a decidedly worse position. I resigned on the 31st move. We plan to meet the like this again next Tuesday.

I had the ropa vieja from Q’Bano. I don’t know why the sandwich was so messy, falling apart, but I don’t think I’ll be ordering that again.

In Exito I bought large package of toilet paper and caught a taxi outside. He didn’t have any GPS and obviously didn’t know his way around Envigado as he headed straight to Ave Las Vegas and we were in all of the traffic from there south to our apt in Envigado.

It looks like Tienda D1 has space for about 5 cars with another area closed off for just motorcycles.

In an email I received from the US Chess association:

Dear Members,

Many health plans believe in the power of social fitness and provide opportunities to stay active and connect with others. We are excited to announce a new partnership to help our members save on their membership dues just for staying active in our organization.

Through this program, eligible Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans will cover the yearly membership cost for US Chess members with an eligible Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan.

I’m checking out movies and series trying to find something decent to watch.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment