Friday, November 3, 2023

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt at 7:30 and at Smartfit an instructor helped me with their app while I stood on the scale. Here are the results:




Outside I caught an Envigado bus to Poblado where I got off at Calle 7. Another hundred yards uphill to Cedimed. At the entrance to the waiting room I handed over my doctor’s order and my cedula. I noticed no one was wearing a facemask and this time the rep didn’t ask anything about riding a horse, a bicycle or having sex in the past few days.

After a short wait my number was called. I’m not sure if I got priority service (I was called before a lot of others) or it was because of the particular tests I was requesting. Of course, the admission rep didn’t speak English and it took a few minutes for me to figure out I needed to give a urine sample in addition to my usual blood sample. Then something else I didn’t understand about 2 hours. We took out our cellphones and after using our translators I understood I’m supposed to give the urine sample 2 hours after my previous (first?) pee of the day. That would be 9:30 and it was currently 8:40. I suggested I give the blood sample, go for coffee and come back at 9:30. In the end I guess she decided 9am was sufficient. I paid 283,700 pesos ($69) with my debit card for the tests and took a seat. About 10 minutes later I was called in and the phlebotomist took 2 vials of my blood. I then went to their restroom where I filled a vial with urine. I took it to the station next to the phlebotomist’s station where I handed over the container.

I walked 5-6 blocks to Sweet Georgia and was a little surprised they didn’t have a table set up outside on their patio. I exchanged my book for Becoming by Michelle Obama, in hardback no less. I had their short stack of pancakes with scrambled eggs and sausage. It also came with a glass of orange juice. I didn’t order the sausage, didn’t care for it but still got charged for it. I also had 2 lattes for a total of 41,800 pesos ($10.35). Still a pretty good deal.

I took a bus to Oviedo mall and downstairs in Carulla I bought a small bottle of Aderezos Vinagreta for 7,350 pesos ($1.80). At my exit I was a little surprised to see the cashiers have been replaced by self-service checkout machines. I knew the other exit had long lines so I paid the 7,350 pesos ($1.79) with my debit card.

Outside I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado.

In the master bathroom there are 2 ceiling lights, one over the sink and the other in the shower. The latter hasn’t worked for months so today I decided to replace it. I tried to unscrew it and the glass broke in my hand. I removed all of the pieces from the floor and inspected it more closely. It looks like it’s hard wired to the electrical system so I took this photo of it.




Teresa soon returned and she had a receipt for a replacement for her cedula. I understand this is the 3rd one she has had to replace.

I won another game vs Troyclough increasing my rating to 1560.

Teresa wants to go to a bazaar in El Retiro this weekend. Because of football on Sunday, I guess we’ll be going on Saturday.

I left the apt at 2:45 and took a Didi to the mall. Cine Colombia was pretty quiet so I took this video of the entrance:



 I purchased one preferred seat to Killers of the Flower Moon for 23,300 pesos ($5.75) Only 4 more movies and I’m qualified for the Platinum card.

I had over 30 minutes before the scheduled showtime so I went downstairs to Home Center. I found a girl in the lighting aisle and showed her the photo.

She took me to the right area and handed me a 2-pack lightbulb set and the electrical wiring with connector.



It all only cost me 33,300 pesos ($8.25) and I paid cash using one of the self-checkout machines.

Back upstairs I killed another 10 minutes, made a last trip to the restroom and bought a small popcorn (which are huge) and a large soda for 27,100 pesos ($6.75).

I was filling my cup with Coke when I noticed a boy next to me filling his cup but it was all syrup, no carbonation. I told him in my broken Spanish that it was all syropa (sp?) and to throw it away and start over and he did. (Back at home I checked and the word I used should have been jarabe. 😊)

The theater was freezing so I was happy I brought my jacket. There were only 2 other people in the theater. An hour into the movie I remembered the seats recline. After some probing I found the button. At one of the selected pee times (via my Runpee app) I tried to put the seat back up but couldn’t find the correct button. I just got up, made my trip to the restroom then switched to the seat next to it. I played around with the buttons and finally figured out how to recline it and put it back up.

The movie is LONG – 3 hours and 26 minutes. And whenever the Osage Indians were speaking, I had to depend on the Spanish subtitles. I was surprised to see John Lithgow and Brendan Fraser (boy did he gain weight, or was it Hollywood magic?) near the end of the movie. There’s been some controversy over this movie, all I want to say is IT’S TOO F$%* LONG.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS




No comments:

Post a Comment