Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up twice during the night, again at 5:15, finally getting up at 6:15.

Happy Halloween!

At 7:20 I started the process of ordering a Didi for 14,400 pesos. The car arrived 9 minutes later and I arrived at Unicentro mall right at 8am. In fact, they were just opening the doors and I saw people waiting to get in.

Upstairs I made a trip to the restroom then met Jose at Parmessano. I had their French toast



and he had some egg dish.

At 9am we moved to the food court. I had black in the first game and was up a pawn in the endgame when his flag fell (that means he used up all his time and lost).

I had the White pieces in the second game and he mounted a ferocious attack against me, I didn’t find the correct defense and lost that game.

Jose may have a doctor’s appointment next week in which case we won’t be meeting for chess.

I walked around the food court trying to figure out what to eat.







I finally settled on Q’Bano and had their chicken sandwich but should have chosen my usual Ropa Vieja.

I went outside Exito and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 22mil. Traffic was pretty heavy.

I watched another episode of Succession.

About 5pm I ordered chicken from Frisby but it didn’t arrive until 6:40. I could see the order was coming from Itagui and the driver obviously made at least one delivery before us. Still, I tipped him 5mil cash. In Spanish I apologized for the rain and he replied in English, “that’s life in Medellin”.

The first trick or treaters arrived at 6:10 and the younger ones had parents with them.

It was about 6:30 when I noticed it was raining. I soon unplugged everything when the lightning started.

I ran out of candy by 7:15.




That won’t happen again, in the future I’ll have 3 bags and I can gift the remainder to the porteros.

Teresa and I went to bed at 9:30.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS




No comments:

Post a Comment