Sunday, November 26, 2023

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:15. Another long night. I’m not sure if I fell asleep at all during the night. I’m sure I’m going to be needing a nap later.

I left the apt at 8:30 and my Didi driver seemed confused. It appeared he wasn’t able to get a GPS connection or something and I had to show him the address and he flailed around a little bit but I still arrived at Daniel’s barbershop on time. (Later I found he didn’t charge me for the ride. I’ll try to remember Edilson and his blue car so I can tip him next time.) There was another man in the barber chair and the floor was soon covered in black hair. The opposite of my haircuts where the floor is all white. After my haircut I ordered another Didi which had no problem picking me up and dropping me off at Todo Drogas.

My medicines came to 338,100 pesos ($83) of which 281mil ($67) are my 2 boxes of 500mg Citicolina supplements for brain health. So, all my real medications only cost $16. When I charged it, for the first time I was asked for my cedula number, not sure what that’s about.

I walked to Parva where I ordered a café con leche and a glass of ice water. The coffee was very strong; I think they messed up making it and the ice water had a piece of aluminum foil in it.

On the way back to the apt I confirmed that the Tienda D1 on the side street IS still open. I also stopped at Ara as requested and bought lettuce.

I caught the end of the Michigan Ohio State game, won by Michigan.

I started watching the series North & South (8.6) but the first episode seemed very amateurish so it may soon get dropped. (I just checked and I found the wrong version of that name.)

Teresa wants to go for patacones tonight but Accuweather predicts rain in 31 minutes, so we’ll see.

No rain appeared.

For supper we had patacones, bought pastries for the porteros and returned to the apt by taxi.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment