Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Monday, November 27, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:15, finally waking/getting up by alarm at 6:45. I was on my way to the toilet when Teresa says something to me. I picked out from the sentence the words I understood, “fire”, “oven”, “storage”, and “gas”. I just woke up and if this is something important she’s trying to tell me, and not just local news, then use your translator. She finally did and I understood she smells gas so she wants to go to the basement storage and retrieve the (portable) oven. That was crazy enough, then when I said “go” her story changed from she’s going to she wants me to go. Forget that! I said if you’re so afraid of gas let’s have breakfast in Los PorteƱos. A few minutes later, after I completed my usual morning routine, I went into the kitchen, everything seemed normal so I turned on a gas burner, it didn’t explode, and life continued as usual. šŸ˜Š

Teresa’s going to the gym, then getting a manicure and pedicure so we’ll probably meet up for lunch in La Bahia.

I completed my workout in Smartfit, reducing the weight for my bicep curls from 75# to 50# which allowed me to tire my bicep. On the treadmill I changed my routine also, walking 15 minutes at the 3 miles per hour rate. I showered and changed there and walked the 2-3 blocks to Los PorteƱos where I had my usual latte with a side of water. I continued going through my new chess book, The Amateur’s Mind. There’s some kind of construction, a creche?, going on in the park right outside the restaurant.




I left at 12:15 and returned to the apt, awaiting Teresa’s call to go for lunch.

I texted her at 1:30 I was hungry and I was planning on walking to La Bahia hopefully to meet her there soon.

She called me back and something about her nails still drying and I should have lunch on my own.

I pretty quickly got a table in Asado Rogelio and placed my usual order. The waitress gave me a bowl of frijoles and I took my time working on that hoping my plate would come with the rice so I could combine them. When the plate arrived it also had frijoles on it and the waitress apologized. I did a pretty good job of finishing most of my plate, just skipping the strip of plantain and a few frijoles.

Across the street I tried again to pay the Tigo/Une bill at Gana but was told they don’t have service. (I’ll try to pay it tomorrow at Unicentro after my games with Jose.)

I returned to Los PorteƱos where I had another latte (ugh) with a glass of water and continued my studies. I left about 3:30 and returned to the apt.

I had a nap in the guest bedroom from 4pm to 5pm, preparing myself for the long night of Monday Night Football, featuring the Bears at Vikings.

I ordered the paperback Becoming by Michelle Obama for my daughter’s 25th birthday present.

I ordered an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite eBook reader for myself for $144.99 but it only cost $15.11 using my accumulated gift cards.

Glenn texted me his hernia surgery has been cancelled and he’ll explain at breakfast next Sunday.

I have a bag of microwave popcorn but I’m still  stuffed from lunch and it’s too late to have a Coke; I’ll probably just have a little cereal at halftime.

The final was Bears 12 Vikings 10; the Bears finally won their 4th game of the season. That’s their 2nd win in the last 3 games so maybe they’re improving. Next Sunday is a bye so their next game is December 10th against the Lions.

I went to bed at 11:20.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment