Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:10, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. (Still leaking.) I recycled a few plastic items then printed my test results and Teresa’s cedula (printed in color then laminated in plastic) in Auros. In Home Center I bought a package of 10 plastic electrical screw-on caps for 7mil



and made an ATM withdrawal upstairs.

Back downstairs I had a latte in Urbania while working on the Class ‘A’ part of my endgame book.



(Someone took extra care making this drawing on my coffee.)

I left at 11am and returned to the apt by taxi.

We left the apt at noon and took a Didi to El Tesoro mall. We were having lunch in Natto Bowls when Teresa found a coil of aluminum around one of her pieces of broccoli. Someone came out and apologized and maybe offered to replace it or offer a refund but I didn’t understand any of it. I guess we won’t be eating here again. The check was 88,700 pesos ($22).

Teresa checked out Zara and I went to my urology appointment and we agreed to meet after in Valentina’s café.

I was early for my 2pm appointment and after that I still had a 15-minute wait or so to see Dr. Castaño. I handed him my blood/urine test results of:

·     PSA = 0.007

·     Total Cholesterol = 181

·     HDL = 69

·     LDL = 95.4

·     Triglycerides = 83

I also gave him my own Wellness Statistics spreadsheet which contains my readings since 2006. He said all my test results are good.

I explained how I’m still leaking and he did a bladder ultrasound and checked my leaking using the 3X cough test and said since it’s been well over a year since my surgery my minimal incontinence isn’t likely to improve.

I asked about the procedure he had previously mentioned which would with 99% probability stop the leaking and he said it’s called ATOMS = Adjustable Trans-obturator Male Sling (or System). I’ll research that on the internet.

I asked where I could get my blood pressure checked and he wrote down Urogene, 6th floor.

My next appointment is in 6 months, 10am on Thursday, May 16th and I have the order for my next PSA test.

I met Teresa in the café and had a latte and told her about my visit.

She went with me to Urogene and a girl used an automated device to check my blood pressure and it’s 127/79. According to Dr. Google,

A blood pressure reading of 127/79 is considered to be Pre-Hypertension or High Normal1While a blood pressure reading of 120/80 is considered to be the norm for most adults, an expert panel convened by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American Heart Association (AHA) recommends the following measurements for older people: Age 65 to 79: 140/90 or less Age 80+: 140/90 to 145/902The updated ACC and AHA guidelines recommend that older adults with a blood pressure reading of 130/80 mm Hg or higher be treated with medication3For older adults, often the first number (systolic) is 130 or higher, but the second number (diastolic) is less than 804.

Teresa got her blood pressure checked and it was 120/62, much better than mine but then again she’s 13 years younger and is generally more careful of what she eats.

Teresa wanted to see Dr. Ossa, her breast surgeon, for some reason. She thought he was on the 17th floor but when we got there his name wasn’t on the marquee (is that what it’s called?). I googled it and we had the right floor but the wrong tower. We were in Torre 1 and his office is in Torre 2. 😊

After she saw her doctor, we got in a long line at Percimon where we bought yogurt ice cream with the fixings for 26,500 pesos ($6.50).

We returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa informed me that a bridge collapsed near Santafe de Antioquia, the significance of which is that we may not be able to get to San Jeronimo for our Christmas celebration.

I watched The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar (7.4) on Netflix. So-so.

I was down a bishop and 2 pawns in an endgame vs Troyclough but now I think I can steal a draw.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment