Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday, June 20th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up 3 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:10am.

Among recent US movie releases I would really like to see Jersey Boys (7.4) directed by Clint Eastwood.

I checked the local movies and Blended is playing again at Oviedo at 2:40 and Maleficent at Unicentro at 6pm.  The Cine Colombia theatres are all using some screens for showing World Cup games and that limits the number of feature films they can show.

I saw a turkey vulture land on the light standard on the pole across the street and then hang on for dear life as it swung back and forth.  I think he has his eye on the garbage collection going on in the street.


I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  The orange juice stand wasn’t set up today.  She’s probably getting an early jump on the upcoming holiday week.  I understand next week it’s going to be pretty deserted around here so I’ll probably be seeing more movies, studying more Spanish, and other things to fill my time:

Sunday is the USA match against Portugal at 5pm.  (I’ll probably go to Sport Wings to watch that one.)

Monday Teresa is coming over at 9am.

Tuesday is the Colombia match against Japan at 3pm.  (I don’t think Japan is very good so a win there puts Colombia into the next round.)

Thursday is the USA match against Germany at 11am. 

I left the apartment at 1:30 and was at Oviedo by 2:15 for the 2:40 showing of Blended.  But this time I checked the screen and asked at the ticket booth and both said that it’s dubbed (even though it still says with Spanish subtitles on their website).

I walked back down the hill, caught the next bus to the Industriales metro station, walked the 3 block up the hill to Premium Plaza CC.  Blended was playing there in another 30 minutes but the man at the ticket book said it’s dubbed.  While I walked past the bank I noticed the security guard there wanding a man as he was entering.

I walked back down the hill, bought a slab of pineapple for a little over 1mil and caught the next bus.  I got off at Carrefour and checked at their ticket booth but the lady there also said it’s dubbed.

Now it was 4pm and I still hadn’t had any lunch so I was thinking about what I might like to have once I got back to my neighborhood.  I took the bus and again just before you reach Avenida 80 they stop and ask everyone to switch buses.  After I got on the new one and started reading my Nook a woman behind me warned me of thieves that might be on the bus.  I got off right where the bus first reaches Avenida 80 and walked the 3 blocks to Americana Pizza where I had my usual.  I think that’s all the food I’m going to need for the day.  The 6-year old boy of one of the waitresses came over to me and asked what I had.  I told him it’s my electronic book and showed him how to make the words on the pages smaller or larger.  Later he was playing with a small tablet like device and I asked to see it.  One of about 5 games he had was called Rainbow Six Vegas so I showed him the book I had on my Nook – Rainbow Six.  I’m not sure if he really understood so maybe he wasn’t impressed.

Tomorrow I’m meeting Teresa early and we’re taking the day tour to SantafĂ© so I might be a little late posting again tomorrow.

T-shirt of the day: I’m working on myself, for myself, by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment