Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday, June 23rd, 2014



Last night I put my earplugs in and went to bed at 10:30, got up 3 times during the night, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7.

I was waiting for Teresa at the bus stop next to Viva CC by 8:40 and she finally showed up at 9:15 but she surprised me because she arrived by taxi.  She must have been running late because there were buses running even though today is a holiday.

We went back to my apartment.

Around noon or so we took a taxi to Al Gusto the restaurant my brother and I went to back on February 21st but it was closed.  Not just closed for the holiday, closed closed as there were For Rent signs in all the windows.  They didn’t last long – 4 months at most.  So we had the taxi take us to Mall Laureles and Teresa had a large sausage, some small baked potatoes, a chocolate arepa with cheese and a hot chocolate from Pasabocas Krocantes for 11mil and I had the ribs and a mango juice from Gordogs for 13,500.

Afterwards we went back to my apartment.  At one point she woke from a nap and told me she dreamt we were in the US and I was wearing a skirt.  I told her that I’m equal parts German, Dutch, Irish and Scottish and showed her a picture of men in Scottish kilts on my iPad.  She got a big kick out of that.

About 6pm we went to Popsy in Viva CC and had some ice cream.  I had a single scoop Oreo ice cream cone for 4mil and she had a cup of Snickers ice cream with caramel and whipped cream for 7mil which she generously shared with me.  

Again she showed me shoes and a beautiful shirt for me in a store window but I told her I already have those.  I need to show her my wardrobe so maybe she’ll relax a little.

We walked back across the street to catch the bus and she remembered she forgot to buy dog food at Exito so we went to the corner store where she bought 2 bags for about 2 mil each and a small bag of milk.  Back at the bus stop a car pulled up and she said “con effectivo” which means “with cash” and we and another couple got in the car, paid the usual bus fare and got out at the Aguacatala station.  I walked with her a block to the bus stop and her bus came about 10 minutes later.  I really like that lady.

I also got lucky and caught a bus after only a 5 minute wait and because of the light traffic and so few people on the bus we got from Aguacatala to Viva CC in record time – 15 minutes.

Tomorrow I’m meeting Teresa at 1:30 at Exito Envigado and we’re going to take a bus to the Oviedo Cine Colombia theatre for the Colombia game that starts at 3pm.

T-shirt of the day: Super dry athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment