Monday, June 16, 2014

Saturday, June 14th, 2014



Friday night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night and woke/got up at 6:30.

As I was getting ready to leave I was torn between taking my iPad and my Spanish notebook and just leaving them at home.  I finally decided to take them, so I put them in my Techbag and then forgot to take it.  I caught a Simon Bolivar bus at 7:55, arrived at Parque Berrio, walked across the street to the metro station, took the metro to Caribe, go there 20 minutes early and met Teresa at 9:05.

We walked about a block to the North Terminal, I paid 24mil for the two of us and the bus left by 9:20.  Unfortunately, traffic was very heavy and it took 20 minutes just to get out of the station and onto a highway.  We arrived at the Guatape bus station by 11:20.  We walked across the street and had lunch at El Fogata.   



Teresa had the fish plate and a Coke and I had the chicken plate and a juice.  I think the total bill came to something like 48mil.  We both watched the Colombia vs Greece game which the former won 3-0.  

We checked into the hotel.  I wanted to make the remaining payment right away just in case there should be some problem with my debit cards.  They scanned my Citibank debit card twice but it got declined both times.  I tried my USAA card and it was accepted on the first try.  They took us right to our room and we dropped off our small bags.  It’s a little small but Teresa really liked the room.   It does have a beautiful view of the lake.

We lay down for a few minutes and took a short nap. We went out and spent some time walking around the village.   














I finally convinced Teresa to go for a horseback ride and some old guy took us up into the hills for a 30 minute ride for 20mil.   









We came back about 4:30 and walked up to the roof where we found a better view of the lake and village.


 
We decided to take another nap.  We planned to go out for dinner and then stop somewhere for a drink before calling it a night.  At 6pm a storm came through and within 15 minutes we lost our electricity.  The rest of the hotel and town did too as far as we could see.  An hour or so later a lady came by and dropped off some candles for us.  We ended up eating the couple of chocolates they left on the bed and a couple bags of chips they had left for sale in a basket.  The lights came back on sometime during the night.  

T-shirt of the day: Keep an open heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment