Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday, June 16th, 2014



I posted some pictures for Saturday and Sunday so you might want to go back if you didn’t see them before!

Last night I drank my tea, took my drops and went to bed at 11pm feeling worn out!

I got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:15, took eye drops and 2 Excedrin Migraine and went back to bed, and got up at 7am feeling great.

After breakfast at El Comedor de Chava I paid my utility & communication bills at Exito.  

Jhon informed me that next week is a vacation week and many people will be out of town.  Jhon will be in Bogota visiting not one, but two ladies, so there won’t be any Spanish lessons next week.  I reminded him that my house cleaner comes tomorrow so there won’t be any lesson tomorrow.

I left the apartment at 3:15 and stopped at Exito but Davivienda wouldn’t allow me to withdraw cash with my Citibank card.  I walked downstairs to the ATH ATM but if it didn’t work I would be late for my meeting with Teresa because I would have to go back to the apartment to get my USAA card.  Luckily it worked and I withdrew a small amount of cash.

I took a bus to Aguacatala and was happy to see my ticket from yesterday still worked.  I was very surprised the train skipped the Ayura station but at least it stopped at Envigado.

I was at the Exito 20 minutes early and Teresa arrived with Laura about 5 minutes to 5.  We walked across the street to her brother’s bar and got there just as the game began.  USA scored about 40 seconds into the game and the score remained the same for the rest of the half.  For dinner Teresa and I had Pollo Pechuga (chicken breast) and Laura had chicken shish kebab and we all had a different juice.  

At halftime I showed Teresa a flyer from Cine Colombia advertising the games they will be showing.  The next is this Thursday at 11am – Colombia vs The Ivory Coast.  Teresa is going to meet me at her brother’s bar at 10am and we’ll take a bus to Oviedo.

Ghana tied the game at about the 80 minute mark but the US scored again about 5 minutes later and the final was 2-1.

Tonight I learned that: Teresa’s brother’s name is Wilson Alberto Alzate Alzate; Teresa owns the finca outright (meaning no rent and no mortgage); Laura starts college the week after next; the government is paying for Laura’s tuition to a private university; Laura is very intelligent; Laura is trying to get into an English class; Teresa has a little arthritis in her hands; Teresa isn’t going to be working much, she’s taking it easy, she works about 3 days a week making meat rolls.

We all left about 8pm and walked toward the Envigado metro station but continued past it – obviously she was looking for her bus.  A block past the metro station I reminded Teresa that I need to take the metro – I don’t know what she was thinking – and we said our goodbyes.  I used my other ticket from yesterday at the Envigado station.  While waiting for my train something happened for the first time.  A policeman came up to me and started talking to me in Spanish.  He smiled, looked directly in my eyes and said “Gentleman” and after that I was lost.  I told him I don’t speak much Spanish.  He said something else and I told him I didn’t understand.  Finally he just walked away.

I was back at the apartment by 9pm.  It’s time to post Saturday, Sunday and Monday to my blog.

T-shirt of the day: Harder, faster, better.
\

No comments:

Post a Comment