Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday, June 30th, 2014



Yesterday I understood from Teresa that her brother is in the hospital having surgery on his lower leg for his gout problem.  I’m guessing the bar is closed so Teresa didn’t need to go there today and Marta and Laura are at the hospital and that’s the limit for visitors so Teresa stayed with me overnight.

Last night I went to bed at midnight.  I don’t know how Teresa can sleep so much.  She slept all night and all morning – something like 7pm to 7am.  But I believe she worked at her brother’s bar Saturday night until 2am so she was probably overtired.

It was raining lightly when we got up and a little steadier as we left the apartment.  I treated her to breakfast at El Comedor de Chava and she really enjoyed “que rico” the same breakfast I usually have.  We are able to converse pretty well as long as we are both careful in our choice of words.
Before Exito opened we stopped at the corner store and Teresa bought some laundry detergent and I added 10mil to her cell phone.  (She had been using mine all day yesterday.)  I put her on the bus at 9am; I understand she’s going back to her finca.

I stopped at the bank but it was closed, probably all day because today is a holiday.  I was at Jhon’s office just before 10am but, for the first time, he didn’t show up.

I checked the showtimes here and Jersey Boys is playing at Santafé at 12:10 & 3:10, Transcendence is playing at Los Molinos at 12:40 & 3:45, Carrefour at 3:30, Oviedo at 12:40 & 3:30, Santafe at 1:10 & 3:50, and Vizcaya at 12:40 & 3:30, and Heaven Is For Real is playing at Oviedo at 1:50 & 4:40.

I left the apartment at 11:15 and was at Santafé to see Jersey Boys for 5mil before the 12:10 start.  I had a package of peanuts with raisins for 2,700 to tide me over.  I enjoyed all of the music from the point when they discovered their “sound” with their first #1 hit Sherry.  I was the only one in the theatre but I stuck around to listen to more songs throughout the rolling of the credits.

I walked across the street to Oviedo and bought a ticket for 12mil to the 3:30 showing of Transcendence.  I was a little more than 30 minutes early so I took a seat in their main area and watched the beginning of the Germany vs Algeria match.  I bought a small popcorn for 7mil and a medium Pepsi for 4,700.  There were about a half dozen other people to see this movie.  

I was back at the apartment by 6:15.  I have most of a can of peaches in the refrigerator to finish; Teresa didn’t seem to like them as much as the strawberries I surprised her with last week.

Tomorrow Olga comes to clean the apartment and as soon as she leaves I’m heading to Envigado to watch the USA vs Belgium match at her brother Wilson’s bar.

Wednesday I’ll try to see Heaven is Real at Oviedo after I meet Reina for lunch and give her the last payment for Dylan’s tuition.

T-shirt of the day: There is no substitute for winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment