Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once at 1am.  I woke up at 5:15am and got up at 6:30am.

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores and was joined my Jhon at 7:35.  I had brought my iPad with me and I showed him Luz’s email and he confirmed what I thought she said.  

I had an orange juice at Redd’s, ordered lunch at Likke’s, had a small coffee at the Tinto store and sent Beatriz a text message that I was there.  A few minutes later I saw her sitting across the street at the corner store talking to Jhon.  He came over a minute later and told me she’s waiting for another lady to come and loan her an iron.  I told her, through him, that I would be back around 2pm after my cleaning lady leaves.

Olga arrived at 8:45 and helped me move a medium sized plant into the small hallway off the 2nd bedroom.  Teresa told me it needs more air.  Olga tells me I should water the plants twice a week and give them the same amount of water; the result being they will get double the water each week.  She also brought me 4 rubber legs that, with a little difficulty, we put under the legs of the refrigerator.  Now I can open the door without it moving.

I sent an email back to Luza telling her I would be happy to meet with her at the end of the month.  But by then it is entirely possible I will be committed to Teresa; and then I will have some explaining to do – to both of them.

I googled the World Cup schedule and found (all times Eastern):
Saturday, June 14th at 12pm – Colombia vs Greece
Monday, June 16th at 6pm – Ghana vs USA
Thursday, June 19th at 12pm – Colombia vs Ivory Coast
Sunday, June 22nd at 6pm – USA vs Portugal
Tuesday, June 24th at 4pm – Japan vs Colombia
Thursday, June 26th at 12pm – USA vs Germany
It looks like it’s going to be an exciting couple of weeks.

My best guess is that for Colombia’s first World Cup game Teresa and I should be on the bus to Guatape during the first half.

At 1:15 I got a call from Maria, just one ring as women here often do, and of course I didn’t answer.  This is why I didn’t erase her number from my cell phone; so I would know if was her that was calling me.

I checked the local theaters for Maleficent starring Angelina Jolie and the only mall showing it during the afternoon is El Tesoro at 3:10pm and it’s a 3D Premier which costs 16mil on Wednesday; otherwise 28,500 or 23,500 for seniors.  I think I’ll wait until next week to see if the time and location is more convenient.

Olga left at 1:30.  I walked with her most of the way to San Juan where I made a copy of my blood test results and 2 pages with information about the trip my brother and I made to Guatape with questions for me to ask someone at the hotel.  4 pages cost me 1,200 pesos.

I stopped at the corner store and had a Coke while waiting for Beatriz.  She came out 5 minutes later and after I finished my drink I took my clean laundry back to the apartment.

After hanging up my shirts I walked down to Avenida 80 and then north to Calle 46 then turned west to Carrera 82 where Bob said there was a nice area with a park nearby.  I walked 2 blocks further west and found the park.  It is a nice park with a fountain, wooden benches, trees and shade and lots of bird houses – mainly for pigeons.  A building across the street said Saliento Parque so I’m guessing that’s also the name of the park.  Surrounding the park is a church, a Consumo grocery store, an Angus House restaurant and a few other small kiosks.  It looks like there are enough street lights that it should be well lit at night.

It was only about a 20-30 minute walk and I tried, as usual, to stay in the shade but by the time I got back to the apartment I was dripping.

Maria called again at 5pm; 1 ring; I didn’t answer.

Dinner was just a bowl of cereal.  Staying in again tonight.

T-shirt of the day: Energy cannot be created or destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment