Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuesday, June 10th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

I dropped off my dirty laundry with Beatriz and then I ran into Jhon while having my usual breakfast at Los Mejores.  I invited him to join me for the English club that’s downtown on Thursday nights.  He said he would like to but I’ll have to remind him again.  I followed that up with an orange juice at Redd’s.  I tried to withdraw some cash from the ATM machine but I got an “unsuccessful transaction - institution is unavailable” message.  I studied some Spanish at LM.  They have an electronic reminder on their television sets that the name of the mall is Laureles Mall; no “de” meaning “of”.  

Harry stopped by and asked me to stop at his new apartment late Thursday afternoon to help him with his computer.  On my way to Jhon’s office I tried again to withdraw some cash but got the same message again.  

During the Spanish lesson – reflexive verbs – we heard a fire cracker go off in the street almost directly across from us.  Jhon opened the door and stepped outside but I remained inside and just looked.  Some movement on a 4th floor balcony caught my eye and I saw a young woman come out naked from the waist down.  Jhon confirmed what I saw.

After class I took a bus to Oviedo and on the way up the hill I ran into Marcela, my neighbor.  We stopped and chatted for a second and I learned her office is in the mall.

I met John and Pilar Metzger at the Oviedo food court at 1pm and we went up to Crepes & Waffles for lunch.  John is retired; they just sold their house, and are seriously thinking of retiring to Medellin.  Pilar is Colombian and has a brother working in town.  They will be leaving Friday to visit a few southern Colombian cities including Cali.  John suggested we get together again for lunch in my neighborhood after they return and I offered to show them my apartment.  They put the tab on their charge card and I gave them 20mil in cash.  

I went upstairs and saw the 3:20 showing of The Fault in our Stars for 9mil plus a small popcorn and medium soda for 11,700.  There were at least a dozen people in the theater.  It’s a good movie; definitely a chick flick; and it doesn’t exactly have a happy ending.

After the movie I walked a couple blocks to the building my dentist’s office is in, took some money out of the Citibank ATM there and made a payment to my dentist.  I still owe 245,000 pesos.

I was back in the apartment by 7pm where I finished half of the pineapple that I had remaining.

T-shirt of the day: Life is a party

No comments:

Post a Comment