Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday, June 27th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 5:45 and woke/got up at 6:45.

I forgot to mention last night that I ran into Wilson, who used to work at the pet store, at the Aquacatala metro station.  He says he’s working in a town 9 hours north of Medellin but he’s in town now to take a special course.

I checked the US movie releases and Snowpiercer (7.0) and They Came Together (6.9) sound a little interesting.

Locally, there is a lot to choose from this week: Encerrada is playing at Los Molinos, Oviedo and Santafe, Jersey Boys is playing at Las Americas and Santafe, Maleficent is playing at 4:40 at El Tesoro, Transcendence is playing at Los Molinos, Oviedo, Santafe, and Vizcaya, and Heaven Is For Real is playing at Oviedo at 1:50 & 4:40.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  I noticed the usual people aren’t working at Pasabocas Krocantes today and they have an additional sign offering Shawarmas Krocantes – Arabian food.

I stopped at the corner store and added 10mil to my cell phone and Teresa’s.

I stopped at Jhon’s office and called Harry to see if he still wants my help today.  He said no – something about some singing in his building today but he said we could meet later this afternoon.  I told him let’s make it another day.  Jhon came out of his office – he had the door pulled down most of the way but he heard my voice.  It turns out his plans to go to Bogota fell through but he told me he got lucky with a 24 year old girl here that’s he’s been hitting on for some time.

I left the apartment at 12:50 to see Heaven Is For Real playing at Oviedo at 1:50.  I got there 20 minutes early but was told that the 1:50 showing has been cancelled due to technical difficulties.  I walked up the block and across the street and was at the Santafe theatre by 1:45 for the 1:40 showing of the horror film Encerrada.  I entered the theatre just as the opening credits were playing so I didn’t miss anything.  It was in English with Spanish subtitles but the movie takes place in Colombia outside of Bogota and some conversations were in Spanish which, of course, weren’t translated into English.  As usual it only cost me 5mil for the show and 11,700 for a small popcorn and medium soda.  Not bad, less than $10 for a movie with popcorn and soda including transportation both ways.

Teresa called me as I was walking down the hill from Oviedo.  We just said hello, I told her where I was, that I had just seen a movie and we’ll see each other tomorrow.  She probably called because she realized I added some money to her cell phone.

I stopped at Mall Laureles in case Harry was there but I didn’t see him.  I stopped at Exito to buy some orange juice but the store was packed with people so I’ll leave that for another time.

At home I had a bowl of cereal for dinner and I’m going to take some more Spanish notes.

T-shirt of the day: Don’t feed the tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment