Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014



Last night I put in my earplugs and went to bed at 11:15, got up twice during the night, woke up once more at 6am, and woke/got up at 7:15.

I had the buffet breakfast at the Golden Palermo Hotel.  As usual the waitress gave me my bill, and I took it downstairs to the lobby where I handed it with exact change to the lady working the front desk.  At the time she was helping some other people.  As I was walked out she called me back and I had to wait until she printed out some receipt for me to sign.  I thought that was a little ridiculous.  

I studied Spanish for a while at Mall Laureles.  Today is Father’s Day here in Colombia and they were setting up a stage and putting table clothes on the tables.  I left at 12:30. 
 
I stopped in Viva CC and watched the end of the Belgium (1) Russia (0) World Cup match.

 I stopped in Exito and bought a few strawberries to share with Teresa tomorrow.

I left the apartment at 4:35 and was at Sport Wings by 4:50.  Another Gringo named Joe was sitting at the next table.  He is 62 and married to a Colombiana and retired here on his social security.  Interestingly, he used to be a math teacher.

The game between the US and Portugal was a good game.  Portugal scored first on a misdirected header by a US player in front of our goal that allowed them to score at the 5 minute mark.  We scored in the 2nd half at the 64 and 81 minute marks.  We held the lead until the final minute when Portugal tied the game.  As I understand it, for us to advance to the next round, if Portugal beats Ghana then we have to limit Germany’s goals against us in an expected loss.

Before I left I exchanged phone numbers with Joe and we will probably get together at some point in the future.

T-shirt of the day: Just a cool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment