Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday, June 19th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:45, had difficulty getting to sleep, got up numerous times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am, but still feeling pretty good.

Yesterday I got an email from LAC that Salem (Liliana) had sent me a message.  We traded several emails via regular email and she wanted to know why I contacted her if I have a novia (well, she contacted me first and I thought we were friends and she just wanted to talk).  Still she says she wants to get to know me better.  After a few more emails I told her I would let her know if it doesn’t work out with my current girlfriend.

A hummingbird just came in my window and checked out my flowering plant but left after about 10 seconds.  Still they are neat to see!

I took a Circular Sur 302 bus and the metro and was at Teresa’s brother’s bar 10 minutes early and she was already there helping blow up balloons.  I helped her for a few minutes then we walked a ways and stopped where she had a couple bunuelos and juice and I had an iced tea.  We caught a bus and were at the Oviedo theater 20 minutes before game time.  (The open area on the floor below was packed with people sitting in chairs to watch the game for free.)  There was a line at the box office and lots of people milling about.  All the special seats were gone and we got general seating in the 3rd row by the wall.  The tickets only cost 5mil each and were pretty fancy looking.  15 minutes before game time I went out and got in line for popcorn and soda.  After paying for it I was sent to the next line but as I was approaching the front a lady told me I was in the wrong line (purchase line not the pickup line).  I finally got my popcorn and soda and was back in my seat just as the game was about to begin.  It was real exciting seeing all the fans cheering on Colombia.  I don’t recall ever being in a situation where you knew everyone present was supporting one and only one team. Colombia beat The Ivory Coast 2-1 and I’m sure Teresa enjoyed it completely.  When we came out it was obvious that at least one other screen was showing the game.

We window shopped a little at Oviedo and I gave my opinion of which high heels I liked for her in several stores.  I went into the country & western store and Teresa found a hat she liked better than the cheap one I bought for her in Guatape for 10mil.  I bought it for her for 30mil.

We took a bus back to Envigado and stopped at a restaurant for lunch.  I had the Bandeja Special with mango juice and she had beef but she complained it was tough.  No kidding!

We stopped at another location and had some ice cream – her treat.  We walked a ways back near the Envigado Exito to her brother’s bar and watched the first half of the match between Greece and Japan.  I just checked and it ended 0-0.  We walked to the metro station and she left to catch her bus and I took the metro back to Aguacatala and the bus from there to Viva.

T-shirt of the day: Your town sucks. (Really, these are actual t-shirts I see here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment