Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday, June 1st, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and got up at 11pm and 1am.  I was awakened at 4:20 by rain.  I was thinking about where Teresa and I would go today, instead of Parque Arvi, if it’s raining later.  I got up at 6:40, looked outside and there were blue skies with only a few fluffy clouds in sight.

I had coffee and a croissant at Los Mejores and then hopped on a Circular 302 bus.  The driver was going very slowly but I felt comfortable that I had some extra time.  I got to the Envigado Exito about 10 minutes early and Teresa arrived on time.  She was hungry so we stopped in the Exito food court and she got a package of cereal that you mix with granola and I had a small Coke.  She paid for it.  

We took the metro 14 stops north and got off at Acevedo where we transferred to the metro cable at no extra cost.  She had never been on a cable car and she was a little uncomfortable with the height and the occasional movement of the car.  Also, she said she had never been to Parque Arvi before, maybe because she lives outside of Medellin.  I found a young girl in our car that spoke English so I took advantage of the opportunity to tell Teresa a few jokes.

At Parque Arvi I took Teresa to a spot I knew where there was a map and a guide was explaining some things about the park.  From there we stopped at a stand and bought a small carton of strawberries that they covered with arequipe for 2mil that we shared.  Then we stopped in a small tent where she had two large cooked mushrooms covered in some type of sauce.  We walked over to a road and were about the last people to fit on a chivas bus.  It took us to an entrance to what looked like a nature area.  It looked familiar from when I was there in 2012 only that time it started raining and we ran to a restaurant where we had lunch.  We waited in line for about 20 minutes to buy our admittance ticket and I don’t know why it took so long.  We followed a trail around part of the lake and we came to a spot where they had a zip-line that stretched from one side to the other.  I’d always wanted to do that even though I am a little afraid of heights and I never do roller coasters.  We watched it for a while but I didn’t try it because I was afraid Teresa and I would never find each other again because I didn’t know where it ended up on the other side.

We walked around the lake some more and sat a few times just to be alone and enjoy the view.  She oohed and aahed a bit over the view and compared to the concrete of Medellin it is a special nature area.  We keep calling each other “love” and saying “I want you a lot” but we’ve agreed to wait until our weekend trip to Guatape.

We finally got over to the other side of the lake where we could see where the zip-line ended and I mentioned that I want to do that in Guatape.  She asked me if want to do it now and I said yes.  I left here there and retraced my steps back to the zip-line tower.  There were about 10 people in front of me and in a few minutes a few behind me but nobody spoke English.  The operator was giving some instructions which of course I didn’t understand.  From the others trying to help me I understood that if and when I stop short at the other end they will tell me when to pull a rope that’s hanging in front of me.  When it was my turn I sat on a seat and the operator buckled me in and then threw me down towards the water.  I was surprised that the ride was so smooth, I wasn’t scared and in what seemed a few seconds it was over.  I hit a barrier on the other side so there was no need for the hanging rope.  It was pretty neat.  I want to try it again in Guatape.

At 2:30pm we waited in line for about 30 minutes to get our lunch.  We both really liked the food.  I had the Bandeja Paisa and I liked most of it.  She had something similar and I paid 40mil for everything.  We walked around some more and she discovered a little arboretum and talked to a man working there.  If she thinks that’s nice she should see the Chicago Botanical Gardens.  By then it was 3:45 and the metro cable is supposed to close at 4:30 so we headed back to the entrance, waited and then got on the chivas bus for the ride back to the cable cars.  There was a long line to buy tickets and another to actually get on a car; it reminded me a lot of Disney World.

We took the cable car back to Acevedo, took the metro to San Antonio where we transferred on another system to Floresta, the stop past the Stadium.   We took a taxi back to my apartment for about 4mil where we arrived about 6pm.  She checked my plants and made one recommendation to move a plant to a better location.  She said she didn’t get to bed until 1am this morning and was tired so we lay on my bed and took a nap for about 15 minutes.  After that there was a little fooling around but no real sex; we are saving that for Guatape.  There is so much to do I told her we should go back to Parque Arvi soon and she said how about Thursday.  I asked her if doesn’t she have to work that day and she said no.  I told her I might have my doctor’s appointment that day and she said what about Friday.  I asked her doesn’t she have to work that day and she said no, she quit her job.  Hmmm.  She asked when she could sleep over (in my bed in my apartment) and I said after Guatape.  This could be getting serious.  Not that I mind - so far.  She’s an attractive woman and a nice person and we are bonding pretty well.

We stopped at Mimo’s in Viva CC and had a little ice cream.  I went with her on the bus to the metro station and took the bus back and was home shortly after 9pm.

T-shirt of the day: Doofus.

No comments:

Post a Comment