Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Afterwards I ran into Harry who told me he has his new apartment and will be moving in on Saturday.  He offered to show it to me this afternoon if I got back from my appointment early enough.

I made another withdrawal from the ATH ATM machine.  

Before my Spanish class I had Jhon call the hotel in Guatape with my list of prepared questions:
First we learned that the flyer I have for the hotel is for their low season and does not include weekends.
What time is check-in on Saturday? 3pm
What time is check-out on Saturday? 1pm
Can I pay for the room with my Mastercard debit card? Yes
How much does it cost for the Junior Suite for Saturday night? 
310mil – no food
326mil – one meal
367mil – two meals
Is there an ATH ATM machine in town?  Yes, it is near the hotel.
If we get to the hotel before Saturday’s check-in time is there someplace where we can store our luggage? Yes.
How does the weather in Guatape compare to Medellin?  Very similar.
Does the hotel have Wi-Fi? Yes.
Also, they have Special rooms that include a Jacuzzi but no views:
224mil – no meals
247mil – one meal
280mil – two meals

To reserve a room I have to deposit 50% into their account: Hotel Guatatur, account# 65326803270 at BanColombia and then call them.  Since I’ll be seeing Teresa early tomorrow I’ll take care of that on Friday.

I didn’t feel hungry and I wasn’t sure how long it would take to get to the Urologist’s office so I left the apartment at 12:30 for my 2pm appointment figuring I probably would have time to get something to eat if I got there early enough.  I caught a bus at 12:35, traffic was heavy approaching the Aguacatala metro station and I got to the building at 1:25.  The office was closed but I figured they are probably out to lunch until 2pm.  I went back to the main part of the building and had a seat.  At 5 minutes to 2pm I went back and the receptionist was there and she let me in right away.  Here is what I learned:
The ultrasound confirmed his digital examination that my enlarged prostate is not serious (type 1 of 4).
He supports the Passiflora extract drops I am taking.
My thyroid is good.
My lipids (HDL & LDL) are good.
He wants me to take some special vitamins: Megamen GNC Prostate & Virility.  Take 2 tablets twice a day – in the morning with my breakfast.  He said I’ll probably have to order it from the USA and have it sent here.  He warned me that it will turn my urine yellow.

 He wants me to return to the clinic in October for a “free PSA” blood test (he gave me the “prescription” for it) and then return to him with the results for a follow up.

What is the free PSA test?
Per Wikipedia: Most of the PSA protein released into the blood becomes attached to other blood proteins. The PSA that does not become attached is known as free PSA and can be measured. It has been found that the level of free PSA is decreased in men who have prostate cancer compared to those with benign conditions. The exact level depends upon which test the laboratory uses, but generally, a test result of less than 10% free PSA is suggestive of cancer. This test is most helpful when the usual PSA test level is between 4.0 ng/mL and 10.0 ng/mL.
My PSA is at 4.51.  

He returned all my medical records (so I didn’t really have to make the copies that I did).

Back on the bus it took me 30 minutes to get to Home Center where I bought a few more wall hooks.

Back at the apartment by 3:30 and at 4pm I walked over to Pizza Americana and had my usual.

I googled “GNC Mega Men Prostate and Virility” and found that a bottle contains 90 caplets for $24.99 ($22.49 for members).  As I was placing my order the price came up on sale at $15 a bottle so I ordered 3 bottles.  I had my usual problems placing my order.  First, gathering the appropriate information: billing address is Reina’s address in Medellin, telephone number is a Chicago number from magicJack, mailing address is MBE in Miami.  Second, when I selected Colombia for my billing address it still required a valid state and zipcode.  I ended up calling them and having it done by an order taker.  The total order was $49.82.  I have to remember to call them and give them my email address terry_andresen@hotmail.com if and when I order from them again.  I’m guessing it will take a month to get here.

T-shirt of the day: Megadeth: Still we search and invent such intelligent weapons that kill each other like the gears of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment