Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thursday, June 12th, 2014



Last night I wrote a rough draft of a “Dear John” letter to Luza but hadn’t decided what to do with it yet.

I went to bed at 10pm but had difficulty getting to sleep.  I got up a couple times during the night, waking at 6am and waking/getting up at 7:30.

Today is the opening ceremony and match for the 2014 World Cup.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Harry was there and when I tried to confirm our get together this afternoon he cancelled because the first World Cup game is at 3pm.

Mall Laureles was putting up a tent with a large screen TV and chairs in the children’s usual play area.  I’m thinking that might help keep people from hogging tables and chairs just to watch the game without buying anything.

After Spanish class, I walked up Avenida 80 to the paper store but they didn’t have the plastic protector sleeves in which to put 8 ½ x 11 paper.

Back at the apartment I had a small bowl of cereal to tide me over until later.  I finished writing the letter to Luza and emailed it to her.  I also turned off my profile on Latin American Cupid.

I had the Chicken Combo #2 for 17,700 while I watched the opening match of the 2014 World Cup which ended Brazil 3, Croatia 1.

I texted Ana, the one who invited me, that I would be at the English club tonight but she told me she was sick but should be there next week.

I met Jhon at his office at 6pm and we walked up to San Juan where we caught a B. Cristobal 200 bus to the other side of downtown at El Pena (?).  When we got off we walked a couple blocks to a building and we walked downstairs.  

Inside there was a small bar with one long table and 3 young ladies sitting on one side and 3 young men on the other.  We sat at the end of the table and met Kevin from New York another gringo from Connecticut and a guy from Australia.  One very brown lady was Carolina and another Marisol and there was another quiet one whose name I don’t remember.  Anyway we got to practice English with them and Jhon got to pass out a couple business cards.   Jhon had a couple beers and I a couple 7-Ups in the 2 hours or so that we were there.  

When we left we walked about 6 blocks to a church where we caught a Santra Belen 315 bus that went right past the Stadium Station, behind Mall Laureles and we got off at Calle 35 and Avenida 80.

I asked Jhon what I should say to the driver if I ever wanted to get off the bus without using the buzzer and he said “Dejeme por aqui”.

T-shirt of the day: Circle of champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment