Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday, June 5th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once about 2:30, woke up at 5am, took another set of Passiflora drops, quickly got back to sleep and finally woke/got up at 7am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava followed by a trip to the bank to deposit 50% in the account for the hotel in Guatape.  I had an orange juice at Redd’s and was still on time for my Spanish class.  

First I had Jhon call the Guatape hotel to tell them I made the deposit and confirm the date of our arrival.  I had to leave early, at 10:45, in order to stop at the apartment, exchange a few things and be at the bus stop by 11am.  I was at the Envigado Exito a few minutes before noon and Teresa arrived a few minutes later.  

We took the metro to the University Station and walked across the street to Jardin de Botanico (botanic garden).  First she wanted to check out some plants that they had for sale.  We recognized a few that I have in my apartment.  My plant #3 is called Sheflera Sensacion and plant #11 is called Anturio.

We walked around the grounds a bit and one area was closed and being set up for what looked like a HerbaLife convention.  (I remember also seeing their sign earlier in the week on the bull fighting ring.)  Today I remembered to bring my camera so I took a few pictures of Teresa.





We found the small lake with a few ducks and lots of turtles.  We decided then to get something to eat so we walked back to the entrance where the only true restaurant is.  I had the mixed lasagna for 9,200 and a Mr. Tea for 2,100.  Teresa had the fish filet for 13,700 and a Guanabana juice for 3,500.  The total with tax and tip came to 33,324 or about $17.  There was a cat hanging around our table and I gave it a little of my lasagna and Teresa did the same with her fish.  

I asked her if she wanted to go back to my apartment and I understood that she didn’t think she had time.  I don’t know what changed but a few minutes later she said yes.  We walked around a little more and finally headed to the exit.  To save time I decided to take a taxi and we tried 4 taxis before we found one willing to take us that far.  It only cost me 10mil - $5.

Back at the apartment it didn’t take long for us to get comfortable on my bed.  For the first time I saw her bare legs and I commented that she has nice legs so why does she always wear jeans?  Do you know what her answer was?  Because it’s (was) winter.  Lol.  I laughed a lot at that one.  First I told her this is the City of Eternal Spring and that now it really is spring and in about 3 weeks it’s going to be summer.  She told me she had a dress down to her ankles and I told her I would buy her a shorter dress; I think we settled on knee length.  She asked me if I also liked high heels and of course I said yes; I told her it’s more feminine.

Whenever I tried to take things a little further she would always say “In Guatape” and we would both laugh.  If I only had a dollar for each time I heard “Guatape”.  Lol.  At one point I heard my phone in the other room ring once.

Later I checked my phone and showed her a news text message I had just received and told her this is a message from my other girlfriend.  A minute later I noticed I had a call from Maria.  Later I changed the name on my cell phone to Mario in case Teresa ever sees it but I’ll still know its Maria calling.

We walked down to Viva and stopped at the health store where she found me some Korean Ginseng drops for 18,400.  I am to take one in the morning and one in the evening.  I remember ginseng being one of the ingredients in the Mega Man I ordered.  Teresa tells me that there are GNC stores in town so I’ll have to check on that.  

She wanted to get something to eat.  She asked about something that sounded like chorizo (sausage) but she wanted it on a stick and I told her the only place I’ve seen that is in the street but she didn’t want to eat there.  She stopped at El Corral but they didn’t have it so we ordered burgers and drinks for a total of 42,600 and we sat down to wait for our order to be ready.  That’s when she noticed the next fast food place was Burger King and she noticed the prices were a lot cheaper.  I showed her some coupons I had for BK and she saw that we (I) could have saved a lot of money by going there instead so we decided next time.  

I gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to write down words that I should know but she started writing down words I already knew.  Then she wrote that “Reina wasn’t important for me because she was very ordinary”.  She wrote that we won’t need a lot of clothes for Guatape and another sentence I didn’t completely understand.  Later I found that it said “You said luggage.  I said briefcase.”  I guess she’s talking about what to take with us.

I took the bus with her to Aguacatala but she told me she’s going back to the finca (farm or country home) tonight instead of her mother’s apartment in Envigado so she’s taking a bus.  I waited with her for about 20 minutes until it arrived and then took my own back to Viva.  I stopped at Exito and bought a container of fresh orange juice for the weekend.

We’re going to go to Jardin Botanico again on Saturday only this time she tells me she’ll meet me outside the entrance at noon thereby saving me an unnecessary trip to Envigado.

And when we go to Guatape she’s going to meet me at the Caribe metro station thereby saving me another trip to Envigado and enough time that we might get to Guatape early enough to see most of the Colombia vs Greece futból game.

Bob told me his park is called Parque Floresta.

T-shirt of the day: Ocean addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment