Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday, June 2nd, 2014



I learned yesterday that Teresa’s younger sister who is living in Miami with her gringo husband is about 12 years older than him.  She’s in her early 40s and he’s in his early 30s.  Of course, if I understood correctly.

Last night I went to bed at 11pm and got up once during the night.  I was awakened at 5:15 by a bird singing outside my bedroom window.  I finally woke/got up at 7am.

My social security deposit has finally been made to my USAA account.  One problem, last week someone tried to steal money out of my account.  The bank stopped it but told me they have to cancel my card and send me a new one.  I’m thinking it will probably take about 3 weeks to get here.  In the meantime I’m transferring money to my CitiBank account but it takes a few days to get there.  I’ll be okay if money I requested to be transferred last Friday is there tomorrow.  Otherwise, money might get a little tight.

I got an email from Teresa that she wants to cancel our Thursday visit to Parque Arvi because I told her I have a little sunburn on my neck.  I told her it isn’t that serious and next time I would put on some SPF cream and wear my large brimmed hat.

I was running a little late so I only had coffee and a croissant at Los Mejores.  There is no orange juice stand today; probably because it’s a holiday.  I took a little cash out of my checking account so I could pay Jhon this morning and Reina later.

For Spanish class today we went down to the corner store and practiced speaking Spanish.  He tried to teach me “yo me” and “tu te” and “el se”, etc. but my rational mind is having difficulty understanding why the pronoun has to be repeated – sometimes.

After class I was at Mall de Laureles to meet Reina but Dylan showed up instead.  He told me Reina is working in a restaurant downtown.  At least I confirmed with him that he finishes school next month.  For lunch I had the BBQ ribs at Goody’s.

I stopped at Exito and bought a bag of 6 900ml bags of milk and put them in the refrigerator.  They were a little heavy to lug all the way from Exito.  On my way out of Viva I ran into Bill, again with a young honey, and it seemed he didn’t want to speak English with me.  He did say that Gonzalo never called him about the apartment.

Edge of Tomorrow (8.2) is at El Tesoro (3D), Oviedo at 12:40 & 3:40, SantaFe at 1:40 & 4:15, and Vizcaya at 1:40 & 4:10.

I left the apartment at 2:20 for the 3:40 showing at Oviedo.  As I got downstairs I was surprised to see Lionel’s door open and Jaime and Marta there.  Apparently Lionel moved out; I did see a refrigerator being loaded on a truck last week.  They showed me the apartment real quick; for some reason I thought it was going to be larger.  It is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment with a large garage and a backyard with a small pool or jacuzzi.  I gave Marta Bill’s telephone number and told her he’s a retired doctor looking for an apartment.

When I got to Oviedo I found some lines at the theater; I forgot it’s a holiday.  At 3:15 while waiting in line I noticed they had the showtime listed as 3:20.  Because of the holiday it cost me 12mil instead of the usual 4mil.  At least my small popcorn and large soda were the same – 12,100.  
There were only about a dozen people in this theater.

There was a coming attraction for Johnny Depp’s new movie Transcendence (6.4).  The feature film, starring Tom Cruise, was pretty good.  It’s a futuristic war movie with a recurring day theme.  

Back on Avenida Las Vegas the bus I was waiting for passed me by while I was counting my change.

Back at the apartment I found an email from Luz.  She’s been enjoying the weekly summaries I’ve been sending her and said she will be back in Medellin at the end of the month and would like to see me if I want to invite her.  I’ll check with Jhon tomorrow to see if I understand her email correctly.

T-shirt of the day: Together in one rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment