Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:15.

I had breakfast at Los Mejores, orange juice at Redd’s and ordered lunch from Likke’s.  I found Beatriz outside the Tinto store and I agreed to come back at 2pm for my laundry.

Olga arrived early today – at 8:30.  Hopefully this means she will finish early so I can retrieve my laundry and still get wherever I’m going to see most of the match between Mexico and Brazil at 2pm.

Olga finished at 1pm.  At 1:30 I picked up my laundry from Beatriz and brought it back to the apartment.  On my way back I noticed the Muslims putting something in the trunk of a car across the street from their apartment.  In front of their apartment is a moving van that was being loaded so I guess they are moving out.  I checked my blog and it was almost exactly a year ago that they moved in.

I tried to withdraw money from the BanColombia ATM but it didn’t work.  I put my card in and withdrew it and it was still telling me to withdraw my card.  It apparently didn’t work for the young lady in front of me either.  I tried the ATH but it didn’t work their either.  I got a Money Dispenser Fail message.  I tried a different BanColombia ATM and finally was able to successfully make a withdrawal.

As I was crossing the street I didn’t see a single taxi outside Viva CC.  I’m guessing all the taxi drivers are somewhere watching the World Cup match.
I was at Laureles Mall just as the match between Brazil and Mexico was starting.  I sat in the tent outside although it was a little warm as you couldn’t catch a breeze.  At halftime I bought a single dip ice cream cone at Almibar for 2,200.  The flavor I chose they call brownie but I would call Oreo.  The game ended in a 0-0 tie.  

I bought another month’s supply of Tamsulosin at the Exito pharmacy for 42,600.

After returning to the apartment for an hour, I went back to Laureles Mall.  I brought cash to pay for our trip to Santafe on Saturday.  He told me we pay at noon (or maybe its noon-2pm) there.  I recall now that that’s what we did when I went with my brother last February.  I guess we just show up then on Saturday.

I was surprised to see that they didn’t have the World Cup game on in Laureles Mall proper or the tent they have set up.  I went back to Viva CC and the only place I saw the game on was the demonstration they have for DirectTV.  There were about half a dozen men standing around and the same number sitting in front of the set.  The game ended 1-1 between Russian and South Korea.

Back at the apartment I just had a bowl of cereal.

T-shirt of the day: Strength and ease they always please.

No comments:

Post a Comment