Thursday, June 12, 2014

Wednesday, June 11th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 5:45 and got up at 6:30am.

I tried to withdraw some money from the ATM but again got the “Unsuccessful Transaction – Institution is Unavailable” message.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.

I forgot to mention yesterday that John was extolling the virtues of Bitcoin which I’ve heard a little something about.  I read about it on Wikipedia but I’m leery of actually using it. 
 
I Googled Citibank in Medellin and found 6 locations for ATMs and one is relatively close by at Calle 33 #80-47.

After my Spanish class of reflexive pronouns I took a bus to Los Molinos where I got a haircut from Juan Royas.  I notice their theater advertising some of the World Cup games can be seen there like the US vs Germany on June 26th at 11am.  Of course I made a trip to the restroom before leaving the mall.  When I walked in and while urinating I noticed a young boy of about 6 trying to look under one of the stall doors.  As I was washing my hands a woman walked out of the stall and I said “surprise”.

I walked a few blocks north to Calle 33 and then east a few more blocks and found the Citibank office with the ATM.  Yesterday I was happy to see the maximum withdrawal was more than I was used to and again today it was even more.  I withdrew some cash and walked back to Avenida 80 and continued a few blocks further west trying to find the Philly Steaks restaurant with no luck.  (When I got back to the apartment I checked their business card and they must not be there any longer.)  I walked back to Avenida 80 and took a Circular Sur 303 bus back to Viva CC.  I had a small rib BBQ plate with Coke at Goody’s.

Back at the apartment I received the following email from Luz:
Hello my dear Terry,
Very interesting stories.
Nice to have communication, while we can have a conversation. He has not returned to comment on chess.
How are your children and when to visit his land.
I will be in Medellin end of the month and you have not yet told me if you invite me to dinner or not.
A hug.
Luza

Hmmm.  Do I meet her for dinner?  Do I meet her and tell her I already have a girlfriend?  Do I email her and tell her I already have a girlfriend?  Luza is an intelligent, educated, beautiful woman but I’m getting attached to Teresa. What to do, what to do.  

T-shirt of the day: Own your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment