Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday, June 28th, 2014



Last night about 8pm I got a call from Teresa.  She rattled off something in Spanish.  (Maybe it was a mistake adding minutes to her phone? Lol.)  From the words I understood, I understood she wants me to meet her for lunch tomorrow at Parque Envigado.  The only problem is I’m not comfortable yet with how to get there.  After I stopped laughing at her, and she stopped laughing too, I told her I had a problem going to Parque Envigado so I suggested we meet at the Envigado Exito at noon and then go to Parque Envigado for lunch.  She seemed okay with that.

Ten minutes later she calls me again and asks if Laura can join us for lunch at 2pm.  I finally convinced her that 2pm wouldn’t give us enough time to walk to the park for lunch and still be able to get to the game on time so after a bit we finally went back to the original plan.  Laura may or may not be joining us – I don’t have a problem either way.

I went to bed at 10:45, got up twice during the night and woke/got up at 7am.

I had coffee and croissant at Los Mejores.  Back at the apartment I took more notes from StudySpanish.com.  I left at 11pm and was at the Envigado Exito just before noon.  Ten minutes later Teresa called and asked me to meet her at her brother’s bar.  When I got there Teresa told me she has to work at the bar today because her brother is still not feeling well.  She also told me she’s going to have to work Monday thru Friday so I told her I would watch the USA match on Tuesday with her at the bar.

We watched the remainder of the Brazil vs Chile match which ended in regulation 1-1.  I assumed they would go to sudden death but they just played another 30 minutes.  Since it was still tied they had a shootout to decide who advances.  Brazil converted on 3 of 5 attempts and Chile only 2 of 5 so Brazil advances.

We went back to the restaurant we first met at back in mid April and we each had the menu of the day.  That included carrot soup, chicken, salad, rice, and juice.  The total came to about 24mil so we had a nice lunch for about $6 each.  

We went back to the bar and the area was getting crowded with people getting ready to watch the Colombia match.  Colombia scored in the 28th minute to take a 1-0 lead into halftime.  One sign I saw someone holding said “16 Years Waiting”.  In the 2nd half Colombia scored again in the 50th minute and the final was 2-0 and everyone was ecstatic.  

I told Teresa I have a lot more studying to do so I said goodbye.  On my way to the metro I realized I had left my umbrella at the bar so I sent her a short text message asking her to bring it to me tomorrow.  (Teresa put it somewhere in back.)  Since its Saturday a lot of Colombians party anyway and I saw more than usual almost all in yellow Colombia jerseys.  I heard a lot of horns honking (both the auto and plastic variety) and a few firecrackers.  

Back at the apartment I had a bowl of cereal and started studying more Spanish.  I got a call from Teresa.  She probably didn’t read my text message until she had already left the bar so I told her not to worry about it.

T-shirt of the day: Life goes on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment