Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up again at 4:45 and finally woke/got up at 6:30.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  I told Jhon I wouldn’t be available for class tomorrow because I’m meeting Teresa and we’re going to Oviedo to see Colombia play The Ivory Coast on their big screen.

I checked the local movies and Oldboy (5.6) is playing at Vizcaya at 1:40, Molinos & Unicentro at 1:50, Carrefour at 3:25, Oviedo at 3:40, and Monterrey at 4:45.  I also found online the Las Americas theatre which I often see on my Circular Sur 302 bus rides.  It’s closer than Oviedo, Santa Fe, Monterrey and Vizcaya and most of the movies are subtitled but they only have 3 screens.

I left the apartment at 12:30 and across from Monterrey I caught a Poblado 133 bus which took me right to Vizcaya.  I bought my ticket for 3mil plus another 11,700 for a small popcorn and medium soda.  Old Boy starring Josh Brolin (at least he can act which is more than I can say for his father) was a little bloody but a good movie with a surprise ending.

I walked down to MBE and fortunately there was a man there that spoke English as I learned my vitamins are being held up by customs because they might contain drugs.  All I have to do is send them a copy of my order and they will be released.  I did pick up the current issue of Chess Life magazine.  

Walking thru Parque Poblado I saw Spain playing Chile on the large 20’ x 10’ screen they have at the corner of the park.  Defending champion Spain was eliminated from the World Cup today by losing to Chile 2-0.
I recognized the bus that Teresa takes to her finca in Amaga – its name is Tra Tam which my translator translated to Work Also whatever that means.  I also noticed the Metro Poblado bus goes up to Plaza Rosa Hotel which is a block away from Vizcaya CC.

I walked down to Monterrey, caught an early Circular Sur 303 bus back to Viva CC and was back home by 5pm.

The plan for dinner tonight is just to have a bowl of cereal.

Tomorrow I’ll be leaving the apartment at 9am in order to be in Envigado at 10am so we can be at the Oviedo theatre by 11am for the start of the game.

T-shirt of the day: Completely lost my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment