Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday, June 13th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up several times during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

I read how to properly use a jump rope and I see I have been doing it incorrectly – using the inefficient double hop.  It feels real awkward without it; I feel really out of sync.  It’s going to take a few times to get it right but I’m thinking I might be able to increase my current standard of 2 repetitions of 99 revolutions.

Among recent US movie releases 22 Jump Street (8.1) sounds intriguing for its IMDB rating if nothing else.

I checked the local movies and Oldboy (5.6) is play at Los Molinos, Oviedo, Santafe, Unicentro, & Vizcaya.  Blended (6.1) is playing at Oviedo at 1:20pm & Vizcaya at 12:40 & 3:30pm.

After my Spanish lesson and a quick stop at the apartment I left for Oviedo getting there about 20 minutes early.  My ticket only cost 5mil but, despite their website saying otherwise, Blended was dubbed in Spanish.  I’m going to have to always ask at the box office before I buy my ticket and try to have another theater as backup.  I bought a small popcorn and medium Pepsi for 9,700 – I think (the print on the receipt is too faint to read).  I tried to conserve my popcorn and soda over the length of the movie and I managed to finish without a trip to the restroom.  There were only two others in the theater.  

I picked up a flyer that advertises the games being shown at Cine Colombia:
June 19th at 11am - Colombia vs The Ivory Coast
June 24th at 3pm – Colombia vs Japan
June 26th at 11am – USA vs Germany
They are showing a total of 20 games (at least in the 1st pass of the tournament) but I’m only interested in 2 teams; tickets are 5 mil for general seating and 7 mil for preferred seating.

As I came out of the theater I heard a loud cheer.  I went down a level where there was a crowd watching the World Cup on a very large screen TV and late in the game The Netherlands had a 5-1 lead over Spain.  Its obvious fans would like Spain to be out of the tournament; it’s kind of like getting the Yankees out of the baseball playoffs – you’d rather not have them there at all.  I stuck around another 10 minutes but that was the final score.  That must be something of an upset as I believe Spain, like Germany and Brazil is one of the powerhouses in the tournament.  Well, they only have to finish 2nd in their group to go on to the next level.

I walked up the block and across the street to Santafe to check on something.  I noticed they have a Citibank ATM on the main level near the entrance.  In the large open area in the center there is a HUGE plastic slide for children and LOTS of plastic balls for them to bury themselves in.

I walked down to MBE and picked up my monthly pension receipt and an envelope from USAA – it was my new debit card.  Wow, that only took 2 weeks!

On my way down the hill to the bus stop I noticed there is a Pablado 133i bus that goes up to Vizcaya and a 134i bus that goes up to El Tesoro.

Back at the apartment I found my monthly bills: my communication (internet) service is 72,964 although it shows apartment 201 on the bill and my utility service is 49,023 for water, 23,741 for electric, and 3,206 for gas (but I still have a credit due on the latter).

For dinner I stayed in and had a bowl of cereal.

The weekend trip to Guatape starts early tomorrow so I most likely won’t post to my blog again until late Sunday or sometime Monday.

T-shirt of the day: Got sugar?

No comments:

Post a Comment