Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday, June 26th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

At 8am I had coffee and croissant at Los Mejores and caught the next bus.  At the metro station I bought 5 tickets and they were all put on a metro card I intend to use in the future when lines are too long.  I met Teresa at the Envigado Exito at 9:30 and we took a taxi to Oviedo and were there by 10am.  I bought 2 tickets to today’s USA vs Germany game for 5mil each and also 2 tickets to Saturday’s Colombia vs Uruguay game for 7mil each.  (Maybe I accidentally chose preferred seating?)  Anyway, this time we will have very good seats.

We had very good seats for today’s game; we should there were only 5 other people in the theatre.  It was an exciting game despite the fact that at the half it was 0-0 and the Portugal vs Ghana game was also tied 1-1.  While we were waiting for the 2nd half to begin I went down the stairs and picked up the Cine Colombia beach ball and tossed it around amongst the few people in the theatre.

In the 2nd half Germany finally scored in the 55th minute on a rebound shot off the goalie.  The final score was 1-0 and Portugal ended up beating Ghana 2-1 so here are the final standings for Group G:
                                                GOALS               GOALS
TEAM                 PTS            SCORED            GIVEN UP
GERMANY         7                 7                           2
USA                         4                 4                           4
PORTUGAL       4                 4                           7
GHANA                1                 4                           6

So the US advances to the final 16 on the basis of the tie breaker between them and Portugal, the US having a Goal differential of 0 and Portugal -3.  
They play Belgium next Tuesday at 3pm and games are now single elimination; lose and you go home.  I’m going to have to tell Olga she needs to finish cleaning by 1pm so I can meet Teresa in Envigado at 2pm.

After the game we went downstairs and I wanted to try the chicken fajitas at one of the restaurants but while we were standing in line we realized we didn’t have enough money between us so we went down a couple more levels and had a lunch that reminded me a lot of Panda Express.

We took a bus back to Envigado and spent some time at her brother’s bar.  She had to help watch the bar because her brother was in bed with gout and only his girlfriend was there.  At one point a lovely young lady with a very nice figure came in and did some business at the bar.  Of course I wasn’t paying much attention to what she was doing there.  The most negative thing I could think about how she looked is that it seemed like she was wearing high heeled gym shoes.  Of course Teresa, who was sitting next to me, had to spoil the moment soon after she left with one word – Hombre.  I never would have believed it!  I told Teresa at least I’m sure she’s not a man.  Lol.

While we were waiting there I learned Teresa has 2 brothers and 5 sisters between the ages of 45 and 57.  I told her I would like to take trips to see Manizales and Salento and she said she would like to go to Armenia but it’s so far away it would have to be a Friday thru Sunday trip.

She is coming over to my apartment at 10pm on Sunday and we’re going to spend the day together.

T-shirt of the day: F CK All I need is U.
This is another t-shirt I saw yesterday at El Tesoro.  Maybe cleverness is where the money is?

No comments:

Post a Comment