Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday, June 24th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11:15, got up 3 times during the night, woke up at 6:10 and woke/got up at 6:45.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Lucas was wearing his Colombian jersey in support of his team and I showed him my Colombian bracelet.  He was surprised and pleased by my support of his country’s team.  

I decided to search the internet for help with my Spanish grammar and found StudySpanish.com.  I registered for the site and started going through their material.

I met Teresa at the Exito Envigado at 1:30 and we took a taxi to Oviedo for about 7mil.  One hour before game time there was no line but we still only got seats in the 4th row but at least this time we were on the aisle instead of next to the wall.  Again the tickets only cost 5mil each.  We walked around a bit and ended up downstairs and we had the lunch special at Sarku’s for 9,900.  Teresa paid for lunch; I appreciate that she chips in occasionally.  We got to our seats a few minutes before game time and again the theatre was packed.

Colombia scored first in the 17th minute and it looked like they were going to take that 1-0 lead into halftime.  (Each half is 45 minutes long but they always add a few extra minutes due to delays in the game when the clock doesn’t stop.)  They only added 1 minute to the 45 minute clock but Japan scored on the last play in the first half to go into halftime 1-1.  

I made a trip to the lobby and bought us a small popcorn and large Coke for the usual 12,100.

In the 2nd half, Colombia scored in the 55th, 82nd, and 90th minutes to win 4-1.  You never saw so many people so happy.  They had a huge Cine Colombia beach ball that got passed around every time Colombia scored, and also at halftime and at the end of the game.  As we took the bus back to Envigado a lot of people were honking their car horns and blowing those plastic horns out of their windows.

We stopped near Parque Envigado and we each had a fancy ice cream at El Palacio Del Mango for a total of 14mil.  We walked to the metro station and said our goodbyes.  I will meet her again Thursday morning at 9:30 for the 11am USA Germany game – again at Oviedo.

According to the internet, Colombia plays Uruguay this Saturday at 4pm.   As I understand it, from here on its single elimination – one loss and you’re out!

T-shirt of the day: Smile in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment