Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night and woke/got up at 7am.  

Only six months until Christmas; I’m sure that’s just what you wanted to hear.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Teresa was wearing heels for the first time.  She kidded me she wasn’t so short anymore as it added 2 or 3 inches to her height.  She was still wearing jeans but it was a step in the right direction.  I think it looks a lot more feminine.

For breakfast I only had coffee and a croissant at Los Mejores because John and Pilar are coming for a visit today at 11 and afterwards we are probably going to have a little something to eat at Mall Laureles.

After consulting the internet, here are the USA’s chances to advance to the next round of the World Cup based on their result against Germany tomorrow:
-         A Win or a Tie: means they advance to the next round.
-         A Loss: Here it gets complicated and, for tiebreak, you have to look at goals scored.
If Ghana and Portugal tie, the US advances.
If Portugal wins, Portugal has a goal difference of -4 and the US has a goal difference of +1 so Portugal would have to make up that difference.
If Ghana wins, Ghana only has a goal difference of -1, so hypothetically, a 2-0 win by Ghana and a 2-0 loss by the US would mean that Ghana would advance and the US would go home.

John and Pilar arrived just before 11 and she had her adult son Juan with her.  It turns out he’s going to be renting the apartment the Muslims just moved out of last week.  I showed them my apartment and they are both interested in seeing the 1st floor apartment that Lionel moved out of earlier this month.  I gave them Marta’s telephone numbers and Pilar tried, unsuccessfully, to reach her.  

We walked down to Viva and I showed them their food court and we walked around the outside of the shops.  I took them downstairs and across the street to Mall Laureles.  I had a FriSnack at Frisby and they all ordered the Menu of the Day at SanJote for 10mil each.  

Pilar went back to the building to get the rental agency phone number so she could call them and see if they can set up a 2pm appointment to see it.  I stopped at my apartment to pick up my umbrella because some dark clouds were appearing.

I took the bus to Monterrey and walked up Calle 10 to MBE where the lady there told me my medicine is in Bogota and should be here next Tuesday.  I caught a Laureles 133 bus and in 20 minutes I was high up in the hills at El Tesoro.  I found the Cinemark theatre right away and bought my ticket for 7mil almost 2 hours before the 4:05 show.  When I walked past a window I was surprised to see it raining outside.  I was also surprised to see a KFC restaurant there; not sure if they serve the Original Recipe.  I walked around the mall and asked a security guard which exit would take me to the buses.  He pointed me upstairs to Exit #4.  When I got there another security guard directed me to take the green Metro bus to Poblado metro station.  (He didn’t know where I wanted to go until I finally pronounced “Monterrey” correctly.)

I sat and watched the 1st half of the France vs Ecuador match which was 0-0.  I went back to the theatre and bought a large popcorn for 11,400 (about the same size as everyone else’s small) and a large soda for 6,500 (about the same size as everyone else’s medium).  I took the escalator upstairs and easily found my seat.  There was a good crowd of a few dozen people.  At least this time I got to see Blended in English.  It’s pretty entertaining so if it’s still here next week I might take Teresa to see it.

The movie ended a little after 6pm and it was still raining as I went out Exit #4.  I walked across the street and stood under the protected bus stop with a lot of other Colombians.  Five minutes later most of them got on the green metro bus when it arrived and I was fortunate to get a seat.  Twenty minutes later it stopped across from Monterrey exactly where I needed to be to catch a Circular Sur 303 bus back to Viva.  I only had to wait 5 minutes for the next one and was back in about 30 more minutes.

T-shirt of the day: I never know what will happen every day but I swear I’d fall in love every minute on the street.

(I saw this t-shirt on a young lady in El Tesoro and I had to ask her to face me so I could read all of it and I quickly wrote it down.)

No comments:

Post a Comment