Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Saturday, March 10, 2018


I slept pretty well last night – no eye discomfort or headache.

It’s a mostly sunny day so we’re going to Santafe de Antioquia.
I didn’t have much cash with me so I asked Teresa to bring 50mil – good thing too because we needed it later.

They must have cleaned the steps with something different yesterday as they are very squeaky today.

We walked down to Bocados Bar where we met MT and caught a taxi to Laureles Mall for 18,000 pesos.  We were early for the tour so the ladies had arepas with cheese and hot chocolate.  We left on time and on the way I noticed that last week when I got to the Floresta Station had I continued another 100 yards I would have found a Cosechas juice stand.  Sunday are Colombian elections and one billboard included this man’s slogan “no mas vacas flacas” (no more skinny cows); at least he has a sense of humor.  We made the usual stop at Parador Rancho Alegre where I had my calentado and café con leche with a little help from Teresa and Laura.  On the way there were a few construction delays – not sure what work was being done but it was on the side of the road.  The bridge over the Rio Cauca was under repair so it was alternating one way traffic and there was a sign that only one truck could cross at a time.

Santafe apparently finished their new park although on one side they had new trees planted that will take many years to reach a decent height to give shade.

This trip I brought my chess set along with my cell phone.  About 3 different times I took a dip in the pool, quickly dried off by standing a few minutes in the sun and most of the rest of the time played chess against the chess computer on my cell phone.  I won almost every game on the middle level and graduated to the hard level still winning 4 out of 5.

We stopped at Parador Rancho Alegre as usual on the way back and I had my café con leche with 2 guaybanas (sp?).  We arrived at the tunnel at 8:15 and had to wait until 8:30 for it to open again.  I understand 8pm to 8:15 is the only time it is closed as it is the only time that fuel trucks are allowed to pass through.

On the way back to Envigado I learned that the name of Envigado’s bridge is “pan de queso” or cheese bread.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,865 to the US Dollar.

T-shirt of the day: Look at me now.



No comments:

Post a Comment