Saturday, March 3, 2018

Thursday, March 1, 2018


Love those short months.

I heard Hope Hicks has left the White House; the latest in a long line of rats leaving the sinking ship.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then took the metro to the Stadium station.  I checked out a bike and rode to the water park.  I checked in my bike and then had a juice at Cosechas across the street.  I checked out another bike and on the way back I saw ladies selling bunches of bananas to people in cars stopped at the red light.  These were the tiny bananas that I’ve heard are sweeter than regular ones.  I called a girl over and asked to buy one banana but I understand I would have to buy a whole bunch.  Uh, no.  Back at the Stadium station I checked in my bike.  I walked over to El Viejo y El Pancake and found it closed.  Strange, it’s supposed to be open on Thursdays until 2pm.  (Later I checked their website and they seem to be closed more or less permanently.)  I walked over to El Chaparral where I had pasta with chicken.  There was so much food I couldn’t finish it. 

I walked over to Avenida 70 for a haircut.  As I was approaching all the barber shops the guy who cut my hair the first time (and Teresa really liked it) came up to me and shook my hand and led me past my usual The Town barbershop to Barberia Colombia where he gave me a good haircut for 18mil.  (Not the usual cut all the hair off job.)  After sitting under that cape in the stuffy room with no A/C or fan the hair rinse.  I was tired and thirsty.  By the time I got half a block from the Floresta station I gave up on getting a cold juice from a Cosechas store.  I stopped in Subway and had a small Pepsi with ice.  While sitting in a soft easy chair facing the street an old man come up behind me and started talking to me in English.  He said he worked in New York for 10 years.

I took the metro to Industriales Station and took the Metro Plus to Rosales station.  I checked out a bike and rode to the last station just before Pricesmart.  I picked up another package of a dozen muffins and a 4-pack of Crest (finally) toothpaste.  I talked to Andres, the guy who speaks English, who had told me that there is a separate cashier by the electronics area.  He told me they had one a month ago but not anymore but he took me to the head of a line where I quickly paid for my purchase.  (It’s not so much that the lines were too long, it was more that they all had full carts.)  
Downstairs I was quickly in a taxi back to Envigado.  Since I was sitting in the front seat the driver was talkative.  At one point I told him I was very thirsty so he soon pulled over and ordered 2 small bottles of water for us that I paid 2,000 pesos for.  He dropped me off at Parque Envigado and refused the extra 700 pesos that I owed him.

I stopped at Citibank and made a withdrawal.  I noticed armed guards were filling the ATMs in Bancolombia.

Later I returned to Bancolombia where I paid the apt and health insurance for the month.

I finished reading the paperback The 8th Confession by James Patterson and downloaded Eighty Days by Matthew Goodman.

T-shirt of the day: Me and my foamies.



No comments:

Post a Comment