Thursday, March 1, 2018

Wednesday, February 28, 2018


I slept well last night only getting up once and falling quickly back asleep.  I woke/got up at 7:45.

At the gym I invited Jose to see Night Games at 7pm but he already made plans with a lady friend from the gym to see it at an earlier showtime.  I did most of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.

Teresa said she felt a cold coming on so she cancelled her massage appointment for this afternoon.  Now I wonder if she will feel like going with me to a movie tonight.

Laura and I left the apt at 3pm.  At Bancolombia we waited in line for 30 minutes and it took another 15 minutes (slow computer system) to get the money ($100=283,449COP) I sent to myself via World Remit.  We did have the same attractive young lady who speaks a little English helping us.  She said her husband speaks English but he’s not a gringo.

Outside I rewarded Laura with an ice cream cone for helping me.  I withdrew some more cash from Citibank as the other banks’ lines were too long.

About 5pm Teresa informed me she’s too tired to go see a movie.  (I know if I wait until she feels better that movie will probably no longer be in town.  There will be other movies.)

About 6pm Laura woke up from her nap and decided that she didn’t want to go to the movie either.

On the way downtown I ran into Sondra who told me she hasn’t had her gall bladder surgery yet.

On the bus I saw what appeared to be a 60-something year old woman nursing a baby.

I rang the bus driver on the bridge approaching Santafe mall but the driver was in the wrong lane and had trouble getting back to the right so he could let us off at the curb.  When he finally did I was right across the street from Oviedo mall.  With the traffic backed up I had little trouble crossing the street.

Because of my new Cine Colombia card I was able to use the Preferred line and I used it to purchase my preferred seating ticket for 7,250 and my small popcorn and medium soda for 13,200.  Both purchases were deducted from the 40mil I had on my card leaving me with 19,550 pesos.  I guess in the future I replenish it at the ticket booth.

The movie was very funny with lots of action.  At the 1 hour and 3 minute mark I took my cue for a trip to the restroom.  (If I haven’t mentioned it before I use an app called RunPee to inform me as to the best time to go.)  Walking down the stairs I suddenly got a cramp in my left thigh.  Yikes!  I massaged it as best I could and limped to the restroom and back.  By the time I got back to my seat if was feeling pretty normal.

As the movie ended and the credits rolled most people left and missed some extra scenes.

Outside I found a Sabaneta bus waiting for me and because of little traffic I was soon back at the apt.

I told the girls that they missed a good movie.  Teresa informed me that she has to return to the finca tomorrow.  I reminded her that I’m going biking, getting a haircut, and maybe making a quick trip to Pricesmart.

T-shirt of the day: Mother fuckin’ monster.



No comments:

Post a Comment