Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Tuesday, March 13, 2018


I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

Teresa left early for an exercise class at the gym.

I left the apt at 11:20 and was at Nueva eps by 11:30 for my noon appointment.  Teresa was there waiting for me.  I paid my 3,000 pesos for today’s appointment.  We were soon allowed into the exam room to see the young doctor and we gave him my blood results.  He says my cholesterol is a little elevated so he put me on some medication; I’m to take one pill an hour after dinner.  Then I’m to return for another blood test after 6 months.  He also gave me an April 24th appointment with a Nutritionist.  I asked him about my taking ½ an Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine) when I have a headache/tired eyes.  He said to take 2 acetaminophen tablets instead and if that doesn’t help to return in a month.  I asked him about my umbilical hernia (2nd opinion) and he said as long as I don’t gain a lot of weight and I don’t have any pain I should be fine and not need surgery.

When we left the clinic we walked passed the billiard parlor where I saw about half the chess tables still available.

Laura met us at La Casita Parilla where we had a nice lunch with fresh juice for 40,000 pesos (about $14).

I stopped at the ATM for cash, bought my March cholesterol prescription for 9,600 pesos (about $3.50), stopped at the copy center where I had my last 1099R copied to my flash drive, then met Chuck at Bartolos.  His wife Darnely soon joined us.  They had lunch, Darnely left and Chuck and I went to the new bakery – Noah’s Ark – for coffee (and a pastry for him).  We said goodbye and I went back to the apt.

I emailed my 1099Rs to my accountant Vicky in Virginia.

I understood Laura had her first 90 minute driving lesson today in some park I’ve never heard of.  She said she was a little scared.

I had Teresa call Dario and we made plans to meet at Los Molinos mall tomorrow at 2pm to play chess.

I received an email from my accountant that I am under the limit for filing.  Good news for me!

T-shirt of the day: It feels so good to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment