Saturday, March 10, 2018

Friday, March 9, 2018


Finally, I got a good night’s sleep.  I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, only got up once about 4 or 5am, fell back asleep quickly, woke up at 7am, fell back asleep and woke/got up at 7:45.

I checked my 1099-Rs and found that the one missing is from State Street (Sears) before they passed off the payment responsibility last August to MetLife (Sears Holdings).  Hmmm! Maybe it’s at MBE.
  I’ll have to go there soon to see if they have an envelope for me.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  Jose informed me that he’s no longer available for his chess lesson tomorrow.  While I was finishing my routine, an older man (not to mean older than me – lol) stopped by.  His name is Glen or Glenn from Norway.  He mentioned he’s thinking of retiring here and he’s looking for a finca.  I gave him my “business card” and told him to email me and I would send him some photos.  Only thing is he said he would want to put a swimming pool on the property.  I said with enough money you can do anything.

Back at the apt I updated Teresa on my plans for tomorrow and my talk with Glen.  Soon she received a call from the guy interested in the finca.  At first it seemed he wanted Teresa to kick in a little more money before swapping his apt for the finca.  When Teresa informed him she didn’t have any money he said he’s in love with the finca and wants to go ahead with the trade anyway.  Teresa said she’s going to go with Laura to see the apt.  I said I’m going too as I can see the movie another day like tomorrow or Monday.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Strangers: Prey at Night (6.5) and The Leisure Seeker (6.5).

Among local movies I would like to see Death Wish (6.7) playing at 3:20 at Santafe and Den of Thieves (7.1) playing at El Tesoro at 2:10 and 5:30.

Well, it’s 7pm and we still haven’t left to see the apartment.  Obviously I could have gone to the movies and gotten back in time.  Only now does Teresa tell me that all along we were going to visit the apt in the evening.

Well, that never happened.

Laura returned from the gym at 9pm and we took a taxi to Antica Pizza.  This time I ordered vegetarian pizza but asked to add chorizo Italiano (Italian sausage).  What I got was salchicha (hot dog) slices.  It was okay but Laura’s pizza with tocineta (bacon) looked a lot better.  Slices of pizza for each of us and a drink came to about 42,000 pesos ($14).  We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt and were back by 10pm.

T-shirt of the day: Pop the bubbly.  I’m getting a hobby.



No comments:

Post a Comment