Saturday, March 31, 2018

Friday, March 30, 2018


I got up a couple times during the night.  The last time about 5am it took me some time to fall back asleep.  I finally woke/got up at 8am.

Again the machine at the gym didn’t recognize my fingerprint and this time the girl working there – that I’ve never seen before – asked to see my ID.  I showed it to her and she let me in.

I did all of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.  Jose was there and he told me he wants to see The Killing of a Sacred Deer.  I checked and it has an imdb rating of 7.1 so that’s good.  I see it’s playing at Vizcaya at 4pm.

When I left the gym a religious procession was blocking my way across the street.  I walked down a couple blocks and managed to cross at the park.

Back at the apt I had an email from SmartFit – something about confirming my registration – now what’s that about?  The time on the email was almost exactly the time I entered the gym.

I showed Teresa the movie trailer, she really likes Nicole Kidman who stars in the movie, and she told me she wants to go to the 6:40 showing.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The China Hustle (7.0).

Locally, I would like to see The Killing of a Sacred Deer (7.1).

I solved more puzzles on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Warden.

Teresa informed me she’s going to take her mother to visit a friend in Caldas tomorrow so I’ll be having lunch by myself.  That’s good because I want to watch the Loyola Ramblers play Michigan in the NCAA Final Four at 5pm.

We left the apt at 5:30 for the 6:40 showing at Vizcaya mall.  I tried using Tappsi, Easy Taxi and Uber to call for a ride.  I couldn’t get any of them to keep our correct address.  We ended up going down the hill and catching a taxi.  On the way to the mall I got 2 calls – probably from Tappsi and Easy Taxi – asking where we were.  I wonder if they were actually in front of our apartment or closer to MTs apartment.  Anyway, Teresa took care of it.

At Cine Colombia there was a line but luckily we got in the preferred Colombia Card line and the cashier showed us that the only general seating was in the front row.  For preferred seating there were only 2 separate seats in the back and they weren’t even in the same row.  Hopefully, now Teresa understands why we shouldn’t go to movies on weekends at night.

I suggested we go to Mu for dinner.  She was concerned that it might be closed.  While I had the theater’s internet access I googled Mu and it said it was open and I got the exact address to boot.  We walked the 6-8 blocks to Mu and found it closed.  I told her there are lots of restaurants in Parque Lleras so we walked a few more blocks.

We stopped at the Greek restaurant The Greek Connection and checked out their menu.  It’s the same location I ate at 4 years ago when it was Mykonos and it was god-awful.  The menu looked good so we went in.  Luckily, I had grabbed an extra 50,000 pesos from my “safe” just before leaving the apt.  I could see that I had about 90,000 pesos on me besides what we might need for a return taxi.  Teresa had their lemon chicken with a couple beers and loved it.  I had their pastitsio and Lulo juice and it was also delicious.  At one point Teresa asked me if one of the waitresses was as skinny as Ana Maria.  She was very thin but she had a figure so I told Teresa “no one in this world is as skinny as Ana Maria”.  Lol.

We talked to the owner several times – he brought over a sample of meat that was cooking on their spit.  Later he put on a video that showed his restaurant with the same name when it was in LA.  There was a belly dancer who could turn over coins and open and close dollar bills with her stomach.  I asked the owner if they had stuffed tomatoes and peppers and he said they do; a good reason to return.  He also has the meat to make a gyro sandwich, so I know I’ll be returning.  The total check came to 101,000 pesos and I had just enough cash to cover it and the taxi ride home.

It rained hard for about the last 30 minutes we were there but it finally stopped and we walked over to Calle 10 where we soon caught a taxi.

When we got back to the apt I had an email from Uber that the driver waited too long and I owe them 2,500 pesos.

I made arrangements to meet Chuck for lunch tomorrow at 12:30.

I solved more puzzles on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to the title of Warden.

T-shirt of the day: Not my problem honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment