Monday, April 2, 2018

Saturday, March 31, 2018



I woke up once during the night with a little heartburn, again about 5am by someone talking outside on the sidewalk.  I finally gave up getting back to sleep at 6am and got up and took ½ an Excedrin Migraine.  It took some time to fall back asleep and I finally woke/got up at 8am.

We obviously got a little rain overnight.

I left the apt about 10:15, walked by the internet café and found it closed, stopped briefly in the chess room and found only 2 games going on, stopped at the ATM and made a withdrawal and stopped in Exito to buy eggs.  I was back at the apt by 11:15.

Teresa said she couldn’t reach her Caldas friend by phone so instead she’s going to get her hair and nails done.

I met Chuck at Bartolos at 12:30 and we walked back to La Casita Parilla for lunch.  I called Teresa and she joined us but had a hair appointment so she didn’t have time for lunch.   We each had the ribs and Coke for 14,000 pesos each (about $5).  Very tasty! 

We walked to a bakery down from the park for a snack.  We were soon joined by Mickey from Texas.  After chatting for awhile Mickey left and we walked to the park where Chuck soon found a young guy from Colorado. 

I watched the Loyola Ramblers of Chicago lose to Michigan 69-57.  It was a close game until about 5 minutes from the end.  Loyola did very well for an 11th seed.

I finished reading Eighty Days: Nellie Bly and Elizabeth Bisland’s History-Making Race around the World by Matthew Goodman and started reading th paperback On Wings of Eagles by Ken Follett.

I pulled out my 2 old suitcases and removed my old jump rope I haven’t used in years.  I tried it but it’s a little twisted and I’ve lost my rhythm.  I hung it over a door and hopefully gravity will help straighten it out.

Sometime in the evening it started pouring and was still raining when we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment