Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Tuesday, April 17, 2018


9 days and counting!

Last night I woke up around 2am with heartburn.  I took 2 Tums and had to sit up for awhile before it calmed down and I could get back to sleep.

My headphones aren’t working again.  Sigh!

I left the apt at 8:45 and arrived at the chess league at 9:30.  Jose showed up on time at 10am.  We played 2 games he winning one and I winning one.

For lunch we walked over to El Chaparral where I ordered their pepper steak, baked potato and salad.  They brought me my steak with a plate of French fries and white rice.  I dumped the rice on the gravy covering my steak only to find out that the meat was a little undercooked for my taste.  I asked the waiter for a baked potato and salad and he took my plate and returned it with the French fries and a baked potato and salad.  The steak was tasty although a little rare and a little spicier than I would have liked.
It started raining during our lunch and after Jose got permission for us to play chess at one of their back tables.  Jose won both games.  Sigh!

I returned to Envigado where I stopped at Exito and picked up some burgers, buns, and bread.

When I returned to the apt about 5:30 Andres had all his bags packed and waiting by the door.  I have no idea what’s going on except Teresa is all “shush”.

Teresa also informed me we have no running water.  Yikes!

Esmeralda arrived about 6pm.  Is she taking him for awhile?  I guess I’ll soon know.

Esmeralda left about 7:30 without Andres.

Finally Teresa told me something about he wants to stay a month and she said that’s too long so I understand he’s staying until Sunday and then moving in with his sister in Robedo (an area of Medellin).

Well, I don’t know what to say except Teresa and Andres had words.  At one point Andres went into his bedroom and closed the door and was talking to someone on the phone.  Teresa opened the door and I think told him to leave it open.  About 9:30 I gave Teresa 100mil and Andres left with all his baggage.  Well, that lasted all of 3 days.

Right now he’s sitting on the stairs downstairs and Laura is talking to him.  Teresa told him that’s he’s got to leave Sunday because she works (starts working?) on Monday.

It took a while but they finally got him sitting on the steps outside our door.

By 10:30 they got him back inside.  Oh, the drama.

Teresa says he’s only staying until Sunday.  Then she tells me he’s never been anywhere so she wants us to go to Santafe de Antioquia tomorrow. 

Okay.

Teresa informed me that we're supposed to get water back at 4am tomorrow morning.

T-shirt of the day: There is no off season.

No comments:

Post a Comment