Friday, April 27, 2018

Thursday, April 26, 2018 – 2 of 2


I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show, dressed in jeans and a dark t-shirt, and took the metro to Monterrey mall.  I found a store called Quantica on the 2nd level where I bought a set of Gamenote HV-H2237U headphones for 135,200 pesos ($50.46).  I had some fun kidding around with the young man and young lady (from Venezuela, naturally) that worked there.  I understand the headphones come with a 3-month warranty.

I went by metro back to the Rosales station where I checked out a bike but soon realized I was overdressed.  I took the metro back to the apt and 30 minutes later I left to meet Chuck at the park at 12:30.

We were soon joined by the 33-year old black lady that Chuck tried to fix up with Ron.  We all had lunch together at Bartolos.  I downloaded Duolingo for her on her cellphone so she could learn English.  From there Chuck and I took a walk through the park where there were some strange goings on.  They handed out flyers announcing something else going on tomorrow from 10am to 4pm in the park.  We met a family from South Carolina and chatted with them for awhile.  We walked over to the bakery where I bought a tiramisu and a café con leche.  I had a few bites of it but took most of the rest of it home for the ladies.  Mickey, the gringo from Texas, soon joined us.  He mentioned that there was an earthquake last Monday morning.  I checked my Quakewatch app and it was a 5.2 at 10:42am.  We all left about 4pm.

According to Chuck, who has experienced a similar situation, for a spouse to receive SS benefits from her deceased husband, she must be a US resident and continue residing in the US at least 6 months each year.  So that leaves Teresa out of any possibility of receiving SS benefits.

At 5:30 I heard some thunder but it was still clear enough that I could see the moon to the east north east.  At 6pm it started raining and continued most of the night.

Teresa came back at 6:50pm with delicious turkey sandwiches from Exito.

The Cleveland Browns, with the #1 pick in the draft, selected quarterback Baker Mayfield.  For you Dawg Pound fans, just remember you could have had Sam Darnold.  And with the 4th pick the Browns took Denzel Ward over Bradley Chubb.  Wow!  The Browns never change!

With the #8 pick in the draft the Chicago Bears selected linebacker Roquan Smith from Georgia.

I finally had to give up at 10pm to get ready (melatonin and no screen watching) for bed.

T-shirt of the day: Beat OSU.  Crack them nuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment