Saturday, April 14, 2018

Friday, April 13, 2018


Last night I woke up briefly at 2am, quickly fell back asleep, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:45.  That was nice.

Now Teresa tells me that Andres will leave San Andres at 8am Sunday so he should arrive in Rionegro about 9 or 9:30.

On my way to the gym I ran into Ron who asked me what I did yesterday (played chess in Estadio), when I saw him last (2 days ago) and when I would probably return to the park (maybe tomorrow afternoon).

I did most of my exercises in 90 minutes at the gym.  I did my 6 month weigh-in and I’m at 78.6 kilos or 173 pounds, up 4 ½ pounds from 7 months ago.   The young lady also showed me a scale tucked into a corner of the entrance so in the future I can weigh myself.

On my way back to the apt I stopped at Consumo to pick up a Gente newspaper.

Yesterday I received an email from Smartfit.  Near as I can make out I owe 54,900 pesos.  I was expecting to have to pay that amount annually but I’m not sure if that meant every January or every year based on your enrollment date.  Also I don’t know if that is per person or maybe it’s a family fee.  I forwarded it to Laura but got no answer.  I showed it to Teresa this morning and when I returned from the gym she gives me a piece of paper that says I owe the sum of 54,900 + 198,800 + 54,900.  She also said something about January.  If I owed it in January why did they wait until April to tell me I forgot?  I understand Laura is first going to see how much money is in her account.  As usual I’m at a loss as to what’s going on.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.
Locally, 12 Strong (6.8) is playing at 3:15 at Oviedo.  That’s not Teresa’s type of movie so I’ll probably be going to it alone.  Maybe today even.

My headphones are working again – go figure!

At 1:30, while having lunch, it started raining - hard.  As long as it stops by 2:30 I can still leave for the movie.  It didn’t stop until 2:50 – sigh!

About 5:30 Teresa went to visit with her mom but she soon returned and reported that her mother was tired so she was going to bed early.  Teresa asked if we could go for pizza so we went to Antica and had our usual thin- (very thin) crust pizza.  (Laura was out visiting with friends and hadn’t returned.)

Pun of the Day: Melania told Donald Trump “If the pee tape is real...urine a lot of trouble!”

No comments:

Post a Comment