Monday, April 2, 2018

Sunday, April 1, 2018



Let the countdown begin; 25 days and counting.

Happy Easter everyone.  Well, almost everyone, as Orthodox Easter is next Sunday.

Wow!  I fell asleep quickly last night, didn’t wake up until 5:30, quickly fell back asleep and didn’t wake/get up until 8:45.

It’s very quiet outside - no cars with no one walking on the street.

According to the weather report for today and the next 5 days Envigado is supposed to have a high no higher than 77 degrees with a chance of rain every day.

After breakfast I walked over to the chess room where only one game was in progress.  I stopped at the ATM for a withdrawal and deposited it into a Bancolombia machine to pay for my health insurance.  Back at the apt I got my cash together and returned to the bank where I paid the apt rental for the month.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,790 to the Dollar.

Laura returned at 3pm.  I understood she left Manizales at 9am so it’s about a 6 hour trip.  She must have caught another cold as she went right to bed.

I emailed Chuck inviting him and his wife Darnely for lunch at our apt next Saturday.  He says he will let us know when she returns from Cali.

We had another rainstorm come through between 3:30 and 4:30.

Teresa tells me she wants to see a Netflix movie.  I find Annihilation (7.1).  I showed her the trailer and she said we already saw it in the finca.  Like I haven’t heard that before!  It was released on February 28, 2018.  Sigh!

I made garlic bread using butter and the garlic spread.  Delicious and Teresa really liked it also.

Later we watched Annihilation; good beginning disappointing ending.

T-shirt of the day: Don’t kill my vibe.

1 comment:

  1. Terry,

    I haven't seen the movie but I've started reading the book "Annihilation: A Novel" which is part one of the 3-part series, ("The Southern Reach Trilogy)" and it is available on Kindle, FYI.

    I've started reading it (as part of the trilogy) and I have found it to be quite addictive. That may have to do with the fact that I live in Florida, a certain part of which may be the area referenced in the story but which is never clearly I.D.-ed.

    (The book got much better reviews compared to the movie, BTW.)

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete