Friday, April 6, 2018

Wednesday, April 4, 2018


I slept well only getting up once during the night, finally waking at 6:45 and getting up at 7am.

I asked Teresa if she wanted to go see the movie today at 4pm or 6:40.  She said it depends on which gym class she goes to.  I have to pay some bills but if we don’t go to the show I can probably meet Chuck for coffee.

I reminded her to call Maria and let her know that Teresa wants them to come to our apt first – next Monday.

Teresa called her and then informed me that we’re going to their new apt tomorrow for lunch and then next Monday they are coming to ours for lunch.

At the gym I completed most of my exercises in an hour and 30 minutes.

After lunch I asked Teresa if I should bring my umbrella.  She said yes even though it was a mostly sunny day.  I left the apt at 12:45 and caught a Metro bus as soon as I stepped outside.  I was at Los Molinos mall by 1:45.  I didn’t see Dario so I took a table and set up my chess set.  Soon a security guard stopped by and I think he told me I couldn’t play there.  Dario showed up 10 minutes late; I think he had a table on the other side of the food court.  I tried to tell him that the security guard said we couldn’t play here but either he ignored me or didn’t understand.  We played 2 games and I won them both although they were both very close.

He bought me an ice cream cone afterwards and we said we could call and see about next Wednesday.

It was about 4:30 as I stepped outside into a light rain.

I was back in Envigado by 5:30 and I waited in line at Exito for 20 minutes to buy a carton of eggs and a package of toilet paper.
I was back at the apt by 6pm.

About 6:30 Teresa asked me what I wanted for supper and she happened to mention pizza and I said “yes”.  We left at 7pm for Antica Pizza and were back by 8pm.  We each had a slice of pizza and soda – today I had mine with tomato, onion, pepper and bacon.  The total came to a little less than 45mil – about $5 per person.

Teresa and I had a little talk.  Apparently eighteen years ago in San Andres she breast fed a boy whose mother had died.  He’s now 18 years old and wishes to come for a visit.  He’ll stay in the 3rd bedroom for about 2 weeks and Laura will show him around Envigado and Medellin.  I told Teresa that’s okay if she’s sure we can trust him and he’ll leave after 2 weeks.  I think he’s going to arrive in the next week or so.

T-shirt of the day: Dance mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment